6th day punch.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I have already waged this war and this is how it goes down here. If a PT guy is laid off during the week, his Saturday punch will be his 5th punch, not allowing anyone (FT or PT) to work before him. Also, if said cover driver (pt driver here) runs only air during one day of the week, then runs ground say the other 4, resulting in 5 days worked, only 4 count towards the 6th day, and again will work before any other PT or FT who ran ground 5 days during the week. However if you have taken a day off (optional day/sick day paid/paid holiday like the 4th ) resulting in 4 "worked days", you get your "5th" punch on Saturday before anyone lower in seniority.

This is how they can run preload/reload employees 6 days a week without worrying about FTer's. This has been grieved and confirmed in local 728. Hope I explained it well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have already waged this war and this is how it goes down here. If a PT guy is laid off during the week, his Saturday punch will be his 5th punch, not allowing anyone (FT or PT) to work before him. Also, if said cover driver (pt driver here) runs only air during one day of the week, then runs ground say the other 4, resulting in 5 days worked, only 4 count towards the 6th day, and again will work before any other PT or FT who ran ground 5 days during the week. However if you have taken a day off (optional day/sick day paid/paid holiday like the 4th ) resulting in 4 "worked days", you get your "5th" punch on Saturday before anyone lower in seniority.

This is how they can run preload/reload employees 6 days a week without worrying about FTer's. This has been grieved and confirmed in local 728. Hope I explained it well.

Yeah we don't have part time cover drivers. Where we had the problem was jan-feb we had some drivers laid off. Management was allowing a few of these drivers to work tues- sat so they were able to get drivers pay for more hours.

A driver with 15-20 years in filed on this and won a big payday. The laid off drivers went back to double shifting m-friend at their inside rate.

Yeah we don't have part time cover drivers. Where we had the problem was jan-feb we had some drivers laid off. Management was allowing a few of these drivers to work tues- sat so they were able to get drivers pay for more hours.

A driver with 15-20 years in filed on this and won a big payday. The laid off drivers went back to double shifting m-friend at their inside rate.

Nice that he looked out for his "brothers".

Back when we had some layoffs going the BA went to feeder mgmt and pointed out that the drivers still driving were being worked max hours. Drivers are guaranteed 40 in the contract and mgmt should pull all laid off drivers back and everyone could work their 40 with OT going to the higher seniority drivers. At least everyone would be driving. Mgmt was going to go for it but a group of the higher seniority guys went to the local and said if they got anything less than their 60 per week because of laid off drivers being pulled back they would file. Mgmt caved in, they got their 60, and drivers remained on layoff.

Learned a lot about who to respect at that time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Nice that he looked out for his "brothers".

Back when we had some layoffs going the BA went to feeder mgmt and pointed out that the drivers still driving were being worked max hours. Drivers are guaranteed 40 in the contract and mgmt should pull all laid off drivers back and everyone could work their 40 with OT going to the higher seniority drivers. At least everyone would be driving. Mgmt was going to go for it but a group of the higher seniority guys went to the local and said if they got anything less than their 60 per week because of laid off drivers being pulled back they would file. Mgmt caved in, they got their 60, and drivers remained on layoff.

Learned a lot about who to respect at that time.

I believe this was a steward also. Not 100% sure.

Buck Fifty

Actually I never benefitted from any of those deliveries.

I can recall one time I had 2 Saturday Air for Best Buy. I had also noticed during the unload that they had 20 regular NDA. I delivered the 20 NDA along with the 2 Saturday Air. I got my wrist slapped for that one.

I can also recall another Saturday when the plane was blown out with regular NDA packages for one bulk stop. I was directed to do all that I could to get rid of that bulk stop. They shook my hand for that one.

None of the regular NDA packages delivered on Saturday were "back charged" for the Saturday premium; on the flip side, it didn't cost us anything more to deliver as I was already at both stops.

Took 15 minutes for the throw up taste to subside. Bright side : dinner took 30 minutes. Whew!