7/11 want me to sign their log.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Anyone else out there delivering to 7/11's that has been told by 7/11 mgmt to sign their log? This just started and I refused because I'm already getting their signature for the pkgs I delivered. I told them to call my center manager, who told me to go ahead and sign their log. The problem is that their log doesn't say what exactly I am signing it for. It doesn't say that I delivered so many pkgs or anything. It's basically just me signing that I delivered pkgs, which is what they signed for in the first place. I don't like to sign ANYTHING, so why am I being forced to sign this?

tieguy

Banned
Anyone else out there delivering to 7/11's that has been told by 7/11 mgmt to sign their log? This just started and I refused because I'm already getting their signature for the pkgs I delivered. I told them to call my center manager, who told me to go ahead and sign their log. The problem is that their log doesn't say what exactly I am signing it for. It doesn't say that I delivered so many pkgs or anything. It's basically just me signing that I delivered pkgs, which is what they signed for in the first place. I don't like to sign ANYTHING, so why am I being forced to sign this?

feeder drivers making pickups are often asked to sign customer logs.

cino321

Stuff like this usually pisses me off because I tend to have a stick up my ass when customers ask me to do something absolutely ridiculous, out of routine, and completely irrelevant to the delivery.

I don't like signing anything, in this case I doubt it really matters if I do, but I wouldn't anyway, for my own reasons.

I would start off by saying I can't sign anything, and they'd probably back off. If not, refuse their packages. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I am not in a Driver's Seat, but why not just sign as you actually did deliver?
I don't get the worry part?

Come one Steve...???:happy-very::happy-very:

Why do Drivers worry so much about this sort of thing?

Just asking???

AKCoverMan

The route I am covering this week starts off with a bulk stop at a Costco. They have a log they have us sign everyday with the number of packages we are dropping off. As long as it matches what the Costco staff member is signing I don't care.

On another route, a Wells Fargo mailroom has us sign a computer screen when we are picking up. Again I don't care, I just make sure the screen shows the correct number of packages.

bbsam

Staff member
Really Steve it kind of reminds me of walking into a stop, going to the first non-busy person and having them look at me in horror at the prospect of signing for something. Inevitably I'm directed to the lady at the desk who spends the next 10 minutes on the phone making pizza party birthday plans (true story).I would say sign it and move on 'cause when push comes to shove, it really doesn't mean anything anyway.

Raw

Raw Member
A blood lab once asked me to sign their log, they said they were doing an audit and everyone that entered had to sign for a week, I refused and the nurse (Ratchet) went haywire and demanded my name to call in a complaint. I buckeled and signed, luckily I never had that work again but I have personally decided to boycott that lab company and use the competing lab instead! :dissapointed:

bigbrownhen

Steve you handled this the smart way. You called your center manager, and worked as directed. Let the powers that be figure this out. I don't see how this could affect you in a negative way. If there is any kind of record of how many packages on the log, just make sure it matches up with the diad as AkCoverman said. Yea, its a pain in the rear, another delay, but people have no idea what kind of time we don't have.

tieguy

Banned
I am really amazed at the arrogance displayed here. We are a trucking / package delivery company. Many businesses have logs so they can keep track of which company came in when. So a customer asks you to sign a log.
You look at it and you should be able to see that other companies making deliveries or pickups also signed the log. So now we are going to be difficult? Maybe piss the customer off because we think we are special and dont have follow the customers procedures when making deliveries. reading through the misguided advice here its no wonder many of you have problems at work. you're either stupid or you're hard headed. Either one gets you the same result.

For those of you that whine that the company does not care about customer service this one should be a wake up call for you. Your job when you make that pickup or delivery is to say give me every freaking package you have where do I sign.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I made another delivery to the 7/11 today and had a discussion with the manager, who claimed to be the district manager. I told him that my signature is valuable to me, as his is to him. I don't just sign anything that is put in front of me, and am never made to sign anything at a delivery or pick up point, sans the end of day or other UPS controlled paperwork. I also told him that I won't sign their paperwork unless the clerk writes down that I delivered (blank) amount of pkgs at whatever time and date. Prior to this conversation they wanted me to sign a blank document, which is the reason I questioned why I was doing it in the first place. We worked out that as I'm making the delivery, the clerk will note the amout of pkgs, date, time and I will sign as they sign my board.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you show your ID at military installations, power plants, grain processing facilities, food processing plants? Doesn't that give far more info than a signature?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Do you show your ID at military installations, power plants, grain processing facilities, food processing plants? Doesn't that give far more info than a signature?
No,No, No and No. I don't show I.D. anywhere on my route, nor have I ever had to sign anyone's log when delivering, though it's perfectly understandable why you dreadlocked/scraggily bearded FedEx guys have to.