7 AM start time Monday for my route

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Suppose they do get on road at 7:15-----how many businesses are open at 7:15am? We are starting at 8am and I know I will have to come back to a couple of stops as they will not be open when I first go through (Gamestop).
Ah maybe it would be smart to do resies first. Just sayin thats what a smart driver would do than to even attempt any businesses they know would be closed and going there twice LOL:geeky:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
As great a team as you may be now, you would be that much better with a 2nd DIAD and a helper who knows how to use it.
Not really since numbnutts UPS wants you to go back n forth all day with 2 diads. Easiest and quickest way is for driver to use both boards and switch them back and forth. Use a different diad for each neighborhood unless you have a signature required then use a different diad for that as its smarter to run other stops while other diad is attempting the signature.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Normal start time for us 8:30am. For peak we start at 7:30am on Monday's and 9:00am the rest of the week.

As far as businesses not being open yet, no problem. Start at 7:30, pre tip and out the building about 7:40 and at first stop 20-25 minutes later at 8am or just after. Then easy cruising through the day.

pjhnsn

Normal start time for us 8:30am. For peak we start at 7:30am on Monday's and 9:00am the rest of the week.

As far as businesses not being open yet, no problem. Start at 7:30, pre tip and out the building about 7:40 and at first stop 20-25 minutes later at 8am or just after. Then easy cruising through the day.

That's freaking crazy! Our start time is suppose to be 930 but it is always more like 10. Peak time gets worse.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ah maybe it would be smart to do resies first. Just sayin thats what a smart driver would do than to even attempt any businesses they know would be closed and going there twice LOL:geeky:

The problem with your "theory" is that adjacent businesses will be open.

Not really since numbnutts UPS wants you to go back n forth all day with 2 diads. Easiest and quickest way is for driver to use both boards and switch them back and forth. Use a different diad for each neighborhood unless you have a signature required then use a different diad for that as its smarter to run other stops while other diad is attempting the signature.

The "easiest and quickest way" is to train the helper on the basics of the DIAD.