7 day punch on Saturday on 1/6/2018 double pay

UpsBackpayking

My manager is telling me I can’t work this Saturday because I’m not a Tuesday-Saturday. I told him I was off for New Years on Monday so I should be able to get my 5 day punch, but they don’t want me to get a 7 day punch double time. What should I do?I have 15 years with the company I don’t see why a person with 2 years get to work before me..

PT Car Washer

My manager is telling me I can’t work this Saturday because I’m not a Tuesday-Saturday. I told him I was off for New Years on Monday so I should be able to get my 5 day punch, but they don’t want me to get a 7 day punch double time. What should I do?I have 15 years with the company I don’t see why a person with 2 years get to work before me..
The company has the right to work an employee at straight time before working an employee at OT. Provided everything else is equal.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
OT or no OT doesn’t matter. What matters is who is scheduled to work that day. If neither employee is scheduled, it goes by seniority who works. Ask from the top, force from the bottom.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All employees that are scheduled to work that day have seniority over you to work. Once they exhaust all of those employees, they ask from the top for volunteers, then force from the bottom. If you’re a Saturday ground center, ground drivers have seniority, if you’re a air center, air drivers work before ground drivers. Hope this helps.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What if everyone got paid for Sunday-Friday who get to work Saturday because Monday we was off Monday for New Year
If they worked Tue drivers on Monday, it still doesn’t matter, the Tue driver has seniority to work his scheduled shift over you, even if he’s already worked an extra day over you.

UpsBackpayking

If they worked Tue drivers on Monday, it still doesn’t matter, the Tue driver has seniority to work his scheduled shift over you, even if he’s already worked an extra day over you.

But what if Monday was a Holiday so do they get Tuesday off off because they r getting paid for seven days and I’m getting paid for six

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
But what if Monday was a Holiday so do they get Tuesday off off because they r getting paid for seven days and I’m getting paid for six
No, because thier work week is Tue-Sat, in which case they simply get paid for the holiday as it didn’t fall on thier scheduled work day.

In the Southern Supplement, this is covered in Art 60, specifically section 2.

Last edited: