$70 a share...sorry ,but im excited

satellitedriver

11/10/99 closing price - $689/2/11 closing price - $65.65Dead money. Dividend too low for zero price growth.

I just sold 150 shares yesterday.-(roughly, $67+change a share)-
Reinvested it into an automatic whole house 20kw Generac generator.
Plus, I bought a couple of pretty cool pistols.
I bought the stock under the DESP program and my tax liability is laughable for stock I have owned for over decade.
I was not going to dip into this piggy bank stock until I retired, but I just got more value out of it by selling a portion of it.
Now, I am looking for something of real value to buy with the rest of my piggy bank stock.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I bought the stock under the DESP program and my tax liability is laughable for stock I have owned for over decade.
I was not going to dip into this piggy bank stock until I retired, but I just got more value out of it by selling a portion of it.
Now, I am looking for something of real value to buy with the rest of my piggy bank stock.

You know, I use RedBox a lot to rent movies. I thought about buying that stock but it's part of Coinstar. I've used Coinstar, but they take 6% (?) of my coin value. Don't know that I like them linked like that. I would like to buy RedBox alone.......Netflix upped their fee, Blockbusters are closing all over and renting a movie for a buck and returning anywhere there's a machine is so handy.

brown bomber

brown bomber

I bought the stock under the DESP program and my tax liability is laughable for stock I have owned for over decade.OK
congrats, Steve.........you probably should've sold last month when I sold @ $74.00 ........however you've probably had everything work out OK......enjoy your windfall

satellitedriver

congrats, Steve.........you probably should've sold last month when I sold @ $74.00 ........however you've probably had everything work out OK......enjoy your windfall
Hell, BB.
I should have never bought in the first place.
:funny:

I bought UPS back then, with my emotion and dedication towards the company.
I broke my own investment rule by buying on emotion, instead of doing my due diligence.

I also bought other stocks in the same time frame and they are up by 500%.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager

I like the strategy. As a UPS driver you can probably see what's growing by the names on the boxes you're delivering. That's a great starting point for due diligence. Names the big money is holding are also good to look at. Scott Davis is a director for Honeywell and owns a fair number of shares. Just so happens that we're buying 100,000+ DIAD Vs from Honeywell according to Information Week (http://www.informationweek.com/news/global-cio/security/222500027). Wonder if we'll be buying the accessories from Honeywell too? According to the article this device isn't exclusive to UPS so there's opportunity for Honeywell to sell it to other companies. How about up and coming competitors - are you (or anyone else) seeing any new names on trucks or planes?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Cheggs is a dog. Doing due diligence would be looking up the fact that with kindles and ebook readers becoming increasing cheaper, textbook download rentals are the future. Look for a frontrunner. Cheggs still has time to adapt and get contracts with publishers, that's gong to be the one that takes the ball.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shoes over the internet.......real women want to try on shoes. Even different styles, all the same size, will fit differently. Most people can't be bothered with the constant returning.....unless they are wanting to hook up with the UPS guy. A full day shopping for shoes, with lunch is a fun day out!!
I know Zappos carries more than shoes, but that's what they started with.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

more, your husband may remember this story---there was a lady in the Seattle area who ordered a new pair of Nikes every day because she had a crush on her UPS guy. I heard she had ordered 19 pairs of shoes before he got the hint.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Shoes over the internet.......real women want to try on shoes. Even different styles, all the same size, will fit differently. Most people can't be bothered with the constant returning.....unless they are wanting to hook up with the UPS guy. A full day shopping for shoes, with lunch is a fun day out!!I know Zappos carries more than shoes, but that's what they started with.
I know a lot of women that have purchased shoes from Zappos and they seem quite real. Zappos was so successful that Amazon bought them for nearly $1 billion.It strikes me that someone mentioned ebook and ebook reader growth in an earlier post. This growth benefits Amazon. The Zappos business also benefits Amazon. Maybe Amazon is the stock to buy?

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
We spent over a billion dollars buying back stock at over $76 per share in the 1st half of 2011? It must have been hard finding that many $76 shares.

gator

can anyone tell me what trading windows us drivers are in? I checked the upsers site but when i click on link it gives me an error. thanks

hembone

That was Lynn Jennings and she married the guy. Nice Story.

Had an older lady on my route one time. One day I walked up with a package as she was in her yard planting roses. She said "do you think it's gonna rain?" as the skies were getting very gray. I said it probally will, I rode my motorcycle to work today. About 2 weeks later a friend and fellow UPS'er was killed in a motorcycle accident. The obituary mentioned he was a UPS driver. As fate would have it I was on vacation the week following his accident. After I came back from vacation I had a package for her. When she came to the door she was about in tears, saying it is so good to see me, she's been so worried. She told me she looked for the truck the week following my friends accident and when she saw I wasn't driving it she just knew it was me. She told me that she ordered that item because she knew UPS would deliver it and she could find out if I was still alive. Makes you feel good when customers think that much of you.

p.s. if I'm still around at Christmas I'll tell you the story about "The Box Man".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Had an older lady on my route one time. One day I walked up with a package as she was in her yard planting roses. She said "do you think it's gonna rain?" as the skies were getting very gray. I said it probally will, I rode my motorcycle to work today. About 2 weeks later a friend and fellow UPS'er was killed in a motorcycle accident. The obituary mentioned he was a UPS driver. As fate would have it I was on vacation the week following his accident. After I came back from vacation I had a package for her. When she came to the door she was about in tears, saying it is so good to see me, she's been so worried. She told me she looked for the truck the week following my friends accident and when she saw I wasn't driving it she just knew it was me. She told me that she ordered that item because she knew UPS would deliver it and she could find out if I was still alive. Makes you feel good when customers think that much of you.

p.s. if I'm still around at Christmas I'll tell you the story about "The Box Man".

Good story.
I'm proud to be the first one to "like" it.
Were "likes" around in '11?

JTAY86

Question, how would one go about cashing out on owned shares? i have been separated from UPS for bout 2 1/2 yrs. completely forgot about the shares i purchased shortly after being hired. I have no idea what route to take in order to get my moneys.... any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.