705 strike soon

S

soldier

Its sad to think things have gotten down to this. Poor planning, and over inflated egos have gotten us here. Guess what!! we are going on strike. I will not cross any picket line no matter what the reason. I will lose my job, my house, and my health, I did not look for this fight but the fight has come to me. Some of you will never understand this. Probably because you dont have heart. see you on the battlefield ...........

And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight? Against that? No, we will run; and we will live.

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its sad to think things have gotten down to this. Poor planning, and over inflated egos have gotten us here. Guess what!! we are going on strike. I will not cross any picket line no matter what the reason. I will lose my job, my house, and my health, I did not look for this fight but the fight has come to me. Some of you will never understand this. Probably because you dont have heart. see you on the battlefield ...........

And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

Braveheart nothing is certain at this point and to come on here and call people out that you have not dealt with is not your job. We the 705posters dont need your kind of help and disrespect towards the posters on this cafe.

We are in a debate over this possible strike and it can get heated at times, but if you have anything to add register and say it in your own words please dont quote movie lines even if it a great line!

I still think your a sup attempting to stir the pot here even more like your other post under an unregistered cach wants cash.

New Englander

Thank you Red, though you don't need to throw in the management jibe. That is just going to turn this post into one of the other numerous ones on here now.

Personally I don't like how both you and Tie have acted on this mess. I have my own views on everything but being as I'm a Teamster I'd hope you leading this Strike posting would be a bit above the pettiness.

S

soldier

Red you are wrong on two counts...... 1 I am not a sup. I have been a driver and worked part time for a total of 25 years... 2 you say.... "nothing is certain " I say it is....

Dont tell me how to post My 25 years gives me the right to say how I feel.

like it or not we are on the same side

satellitedriver

Red you are wrong on two counts...... 1 I am not a sup. I have been a driver and worked part time for a total of 25 years... 2 you say.... "nothing is certain " I say it is....

Dont tell me how to post My 25 years gives me the right to say how I feel.

like it or not we are on the same side
Yes you have a right to say how you feel,
but,
you use a movie script speech instead.
This debate is not about Scotland trying to be independent from England.
Red has a valid point.

tieguy

Banned
agree not sure why you cater to these anonymous trolls.

Hey sat any chance we can take the trolls new thread rights away?

S

soldier

you guys are funny, everyone is anonymous . tie lets start with you, what your real name?
whats the use? guess you guys just dont understand, and thats ok. see you on the picket line friday.

tourists24

you guys are funny, everyone is anonymous . tie lets start with you, what your real name?
whats the use? guess you guys just dont understand, and thats ok. see you on the picket line friday.
A lot of people knows others' names on here that dont hide behind "anonymous". I dont think anyone will see a coward on the picket line anyway; that takes courage

tieguy

Banned

Develop an ID and a reputation here that we can judge you by. When you post anon you can change your anon name whenever it suits you.

I have run a web site before I know whats involved. Cheryl has to spend a lot of time here in the background making sure this thing works right.

The least we can do is show the strongest support of her efforts possible by joining the site and clicking on the advertising links.

filthpig

so if you lose your job, you'll still be on strike?

705red

Browncafe Steward
so if you lose your job, you'll still be on strike?
How will he lose his job? There are laws that protect jobs from being replaced when on strike. Maybe if you would research a little before you put your foot in your mouth, you wouldnt come off as a complete wack job.

Know what you are talking about before speaking.

tieguy

Banned
How will he lose his job? There are laws that protect jobs from being replaced when on strike. Maybe if you would research a little before you put your foot in your mouth, you wouldnt come off as a complete wack job.

Know what you are talking about before speaking.

Red ,

I believe the loss of jobs reference would be towards the work your union would lose when the piss off the customers.

It could also be for the work your local would lose if ups decides they have too many eggs in your basket.

all speculative assumptions but again I have talked to a few folks from your neck of the woods that don't think the customers in chicago would put up with another strike.

55andout?

With respect to all of our soldiers who have lost their lives creating and defending this nation I thinks its disrespectful to equate a labor dispute with a battlefield. Its a contract negotiation, not Gettysburgh.

S

soldier

I tell myself I am not going to post any more and I hope this is my last one. You guys do a good job of keeping me going. ( I thinks its disrespectful to equate a labor dispute with a battlefield. Its a contract negotiation, not Gettysburg). This one I can't pass up. Sir you don’t think men have lost their lives in labor disputes? you are sadly mistaken. I cant give you a history lessen here, but please look up the industrial revolution.
Many brave men lost their lives fighting for better conditions in the work place in labor disputes. I cant help but think of the men (our fathers and grandfathers) who put everything on the line so we could have a better way of life. When I see people crossing picket lines they not only disrespect them self’s they disrespect every union man that fought for their rights. Like I started out, I did not look for this fight, the fight has come to me. I am done posting
*** I noticed tie guy did not post his name only a bunch of b.s. that is what I would expect from a tie.

tieguy

Banned
*** I noticed tie guy did not post his name only a bunch of b.s. that is what I would expect from a tie.

You seem to have a hard time understanding my point. If you're going to post here then join it as a member and support the site admins hard work. I could care less what your name is.

I'm not going to apologize for supporting this site.

55andout?

I tell myself I am not going to post any more and I hope this is my last one. You guys do a good job of keeping me going. ( I thinks its disrespectful to equate a labor dispute with a battlefield. Its a contract negotiation, not Gettysburg). This one I can't pass up. Sir you don’t think men have lost their lives in labor disputes? you are sadly mistaken. I cant give you a history lessen here, but please look up the industrial revolution.
Many brave men lost their lives fighting for better conditions in the work place in labor disputes. I cant help but think of the men (our fathers and grandfathers) who put everything on the line so we could have a better way of life. When I see people crossing picket lines they not only disrespect them self’s they disrespect every union man that fought for their rights. Like I started out, I did not look for this fight, the fight has come to me. I am done posting
I don't need a history lesson, I am well versed with the struggles of labor and the positive impacts they have had on all of our lives. Having said that I will be crossing your picket line if you choose to have one because I am employed by UPS and not the teamsters. It is my job job to supervise people and processes and to serve the customer. I don't have an option to cross. So you have your strike vote, good, leverage it and see what happens. If you use it on August 1st without continued negotiations the teamsters are being foolish and will only hurt the company. Well not only the company but the teamsters. And since UPS has more teamsters then any other company I think its foolish to cut your nose off to spite your face.But getting back to the reason I responded to your post. Comparing the struggles of labor to the struggles of war is like comparing Pop Warner football to the pro ranks, only much more disrespectful. More Americans died at Gettysburgh then all labor riots combined. I stand by my statement that your picket line is not a battlefield.

Let me get this straight...if the 705 strikes, the company loses volume, loses customers, loses reputation...which means the company won't need as many workers (ie. teamsters), which means fewer jobs, which means fewer workers paying union dues...uh am I the only one who gets this? I remember the 97 strike...I got my "strike" paycheck and they took union dues out of it...awesome idea. Best decision we ever made. FedEx took a majority of our big accounts, and what did we strike for? Because we wanted to keep the retirement fund, then a few years later we were begging for the company to take it over??? :censored2::censored2::censored2:? We passed up a $1500 signing bonus to strike for a couple of weeks, then the next contract rolls around and we are fighting for them to give us what they wanted to give us the last time but we didnt take it. I think the teamsters need to get their heads out of their collective :censored2: and try to make the right decisions, not just the decisions that put money in the leaders pockets. Yea, $8.50 is a joke, but the guys across the country making the big $$$, feeder drivers, long time package drivers voted it in. They werent thinking of the new hires then, now all of a sudden you care? Please. Here's some food for thought...you dont have a "right" to work at UPS (or anywhere else for that matter)...if it sucks so bad, go to FedEx, go to DHL, go to Burger King. Last time I checked, when I walked through the guard gate, they didn't hold a gun to my head and make me come to work. How many other jobs do you walk int he door and say "I want to be able to call in 5 to 7 times a year and you not be able to do anything to me about it", "I demand this, and I demand that, etc etc" and still keep your job? Be thankful for what you have, and when you get that first strike check, and it's minus $24+ for union dues, and you take the remaining amount home to feed your kids for the week, or you call the bank and say your car payment may be a few weeks late because you want to stand outside holding a paper sign instead of working...remember you asked for this....I can't afford not to cross, can you? Oh, and the picket line is a battlefield guy...lol, dude put down the xbox controller, this isn't a movie, step back to reality. Imagine this reality...you strike, the company is forced to cut back on staffing because of volume loss, or because you treated the picket line as a battlefield, and you are at your new job a couple of months later saying to some woman "would you like that in a flat or a pump". I guess you won the battle huh, yea you taught them a lesson. Har Har Har De Har Har...