710 feeder

mikeups1978

Well since I have to have 3 years of on-road experience to be a 710 driver I wonder how I'm going to get the experience if I'm a 22.3 combo full-timer.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
That's kind of how I thought it would be when I posted this:
If you're L705 (& 22.3/full time) now (or at least not currently not L710), in my opinion, the only way you'd now move to L710 feeder is as an 'off the street/ 1 for 6' outside hire. And I think you'd need on road experience for that. My opinion only, but it has my own weird logic behind it.

Did you ask your B.A. about this? ^^

Anyway, probably aren't many feeder openings in either 705 or 710 now. I did hear of feeder driver retiring in the St. Louis area recently, though.:wink2:
#9 back in this thread: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/feeder-driver-336714/
So are there actually any L710 feeder openings? From several sources, there don't seem to be any new or replacement L705 feeder jobs right now. Have you talked to the 705 & 710 business agents? Or is it that you would really prefer the 710 work over 705's?

Mike57

I heard of several openings in Louisville Ky.
I ran with a Louisville driver the other day, he said that needed several!

brett636

Indy is currently in the process of bringing in 20 more feeder drivers, with another 20 possibly by mid to late summer. Only time will tell if that comes to pass though.

Oh, and in response to the OP if 710 is anything like here they will train you to get your CDL when you go into feeders. Although it makes no difference if there are no openings.