710 vote results?

710 steward

He is strategizing with TDU, to "take back our Union".... in the upcoming election.

-Bug-

I'm here. Just got the word and the majority rules. We move forward and live to fight for change another time. Congrats to those who voted yes. There are zero hard feelings or sour grapes of any kind. Now is the time to unite and support what the majority chose to be our new contract. My feelings for changing the way we do retirement haven't changed but now is not the time to complain. I will continue this fight in the future because I believe our retirement system needs change. Again, congrats to those fighting for a yes vote. Your voices are heard loud and clear.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm here. Just got the word and the majority rules. We move forward and live to fight for change another time. Congrats to those who voted yes. There are zero hard feelings or sour grapes of any kind. Now is the time to unite and support what the majority chose to be our new contract. My feelings for changing the way we do retirement haven't changed but now is not the time to complain. I will continue this fight in the future because I believe our retirement system needs change. Again, congrats to those fighting for a yes vote. Your voices are heard loud and clear.

There is nothing wrong, with supporting what you believe.

It's just too bad.... that TDU lies.... in an effort to support their cause.

-Bug-

babboo25

Banned
You would just find something else to complain about, UPS or the union doesn't need people like you. Can't have everything under the sun Mr Steward.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Very sad day for the rank and file and unions as a whole. We work for a global corporation that has had a profit, not a revenue but a PROFIT of nearly 10 billion dollars in the last 2 years. That would be $10,000,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!! Yet the company and the union work side by side to push through a concessionary contract that they sell to the hard working employeesvas a "strong" contract. Reality is that "we" just voted for a decrease in insurance benefits, a decrease in retiree benefits and showed UPS and our union leaders that we are willing to wait over a year and a half past or contract expiration date to take as many cuts in our benefits as they decide to force on us no matter how much PROFIT they make. The union is happy, hourly increases= higher dues payments. Shove us all into Teamcare= strengthen that plan and we loose our plan that is far superior. It is truly sickening to watch OUR union hold hands with the company on this agreement. So the "members" have spoken, 4 to 1 in favor, we all need to remember that we, or at least someone before us fought hard for these benefits, funny how very few have the backbone to fight to retain them. You will all receive your retroactive paycheck, but remember, when you retire, the increase in retirement insurance premiums you will have to will offset that little check in the first 10 months or so, the rest comes out of your pocket= tens of thousands of dollars worth. Congratulations!

standtall

Babboo, I can't speak for anyone but myself but, I don't expect "everything under the sun" but I do expect, at the minimum, to maintain what we half fought for for all these decades while the company makes there billions. Corporate greed is alive and well here at UPS and apparently 4/5 of the voting members of 710 agree with management, our benefits were just too darned good and 5 billion a year is simply not enough profit. I believe it was Marie Antoinette that said, "let them eat cake". We are merely peasants.

710 steward

There is nothing wrong, with supporting what you believe.

It's just too bad.... that TDU lies.... in an effort to support their cause.

-Bug-

I'm not TDU. Never have been and never will be. At least in Illinois they aren't good for much other than taking pictures of leadership and turning them into farm animals. In order to create change we need ideas, not cartoons. As I have stated, I am a reformer. More of the same will only create less members, more problematic pensions, and weaker contracts.

standtall

I'm not TDU. Never have been and never will be. At least in Illinois they aren't good for much other than taking pictures of leadership and turning them into farm animals. In order to create change we need ideas, not cartoons. As I have stated, I am a reformer. More of the same will only create less members, more problematic pensions, and weaker contracts.
I still have about 100 or so bumper stickers that say "TDU SUCKS" from about 20 or 25 years ago. Still don't care for there organization but our current leadership is certainly not much better.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You would just find something else to complain about, UPS or the union doesn't need people like you. Can't have everything under the sun Mr Steward.
That's why I support RTW laws. So unhappy people can voice their disapproval by taking back their union dues.
And since you said "the union doesn't need people like you", it's a win-win.

Last edited: