76th anniversary of D-Day (on topic)

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
June 6, 1944. 76 years ago since the largest seaborne invasion in history. Pretty crazy all of the moving parts and preparation for Operation Neptune.
98FC7FB9-06F0-4520-9C59-9FF60358D458.jpeg
8F02C5B4-55E0-4A57-970D-5F615BBE7FE4.jpeg
6C9947D6-97B1-4512-AF23-7FC1C5507DE3.jpeg

This is not a place to discuss the politics of today. This is, however, a place to share articles, different documentaries, photos, books, etc pertaining to D-Day and the events that led up to and shortly after.

Have fun, keep it on topic, and much respect to every single military veteran who served this country.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I was expecting them to have documentaries all day. Nope. Mountain Men is more important. They do have some shows on later today but just a couple and not very good ones.

not a one. I’m glad I got the WWII in HD for my b day. Although it does get old after so many times. Just think about how much stuff there is that hasn’t been seen or got destroyed over the years.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
June 6, 1944. 76 years ago since the largest seaborne invasion in history. Pretty crazy all of the moving parts and preparation for Operation Neptune.
View attachment 298471 View attachment 298472 View attachment 298473

This is not a place to discuss the politics of today. This is, however, a place to share articles, different documentaries, photos, books, etc pertaining to D-Day and the events that led up to and shortly after.

Have fun, keep it on topic, and much respect to every single military veteran who served this country.
These men were men. Can’t comprehend how we got to where we are now from this time period. Nothing but respect for any one of these guys.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
absolutely. Seriously could you imagine coming up to the beach in one? Unreal man.
These guys were fighting for their families and country. Something many people don’t believe in either of anymore.

Always amazed at weapons of this period too. Tanks were number one, air support was just becoming important, no nukes had to do everything “by hand”. Amazing strategy and planning by all sides.

oldngray

nowhere special
These guys were fighting for their families and country. Something many people don’t believe in either of anymore.

Always amazed at weapons of this period too. Tanks were number one, air support was just becoming important, no nukes had to do everything “by hand”. Amazing strategy and planning by all sides.
the tactic of combined arms had been used for a couple of years by the Germans but we were still learning how to do it.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Absolutely right. Well said brother