yadadamean116

so im Tuesday-Sat.. get a message Friday afternoon saying I’m working Monday. So I turn a 8hour request in at (7:32pm Friday) for Monday. Is this 24 hour notice?

barnyard

KTM rider
Yes. Your next scheduled work day was Saturday.
edited....
We just had a PCM about this, they may be able to say that they can answer your request on Monday and the answer may be no.

So the real answer is maybe.

In my center, the request would be treated as being turned in on Saturday morning, we have to have requests turned in by 9a to be considered that day. In my building, your request would be considered turned in on Saturday, with the answer due on Monday morning.

john chesney

I
Yes. Your next scheduled work day was Saturday.
edited....
We just had a PCM about this, they may be able to say that they can answer your request on Monday and the answer may be no.

So the real answer is maybe.

In my center, the request would be treated as being turned in on Saturday morning, we have to have requests turned in by 9a to be considered that day. In my building, your request would be considered turned in on Saturday, with the answer due on Monday morning.
Is this what your supervisor’s are saying.Thats’s not what the contract says.They have to let 10 percent of drivers have 8 hour requests. If I remember by seniority and no more then one off in your area loop.I haven’t met many supervisors that know or follow the contact

Last edited:

john chesney

That's why lots of the newbies don't stick around too long.
They have these young punk supervisors that Are idiots. Remember back when your supervisors had at least 10 years driving themselves. No good routes left in our building they’re blown out everyday. I’m a :censored2:ing swing driver after 30 years. Everyday I got a different set up

Heavy Package

They have these young punk supervisors that Are idiots. Remember back when your supervisors had at least 10 years driving themselves. No good routes left in our building they’re blown out everyday.

Couldn't have said it better. My ORS can not deliver a route to save his a@$. No one respects him but he gets to message all of us telling us what to do? LMFAO. He reminds me of that coward Bow Berghdal.

So true on the routes as well. Never add a cut route in a loop or two anymore to take the edge off the stop count. Trucks are loaded like Peak every day and the boxes are just a crushed mess. It's sad from a company image standpoint.

Last BUG...You expect me to smile and put up with all the customer crap when my own company treats me like a cockroach? Please. All I care about is milking your benefits, money, and immediately taking off that POS Twin Hill uniform and showering ASAP when I get home. It is a pure contractual relationship from punch to punch. There is no pride from the inside working for UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
so im Tuesday-Sat.. get a message Friday afternoon saying I’m working Monday. So I turn a 8hour request in at (7:32pm Friday) for Monday. Is this 24 hour notice?
How does one plan their life if UPS keeps changing the schedule? Tuesday-Saturday should mean exactly that.

Can they now force a upper seniority M-friend driver to work Saturday if they fail to plan correctly?

brownelf

This is happening a lot in many areas, this needs to be addressed in the new contract. Forced to work on your scheduled day off then given a different day off the same week to avoid 6th day punch. They tried that on one of our guys when tues-sat schedule began and it stopped when he insisted on working the rest of his scheduled week which included a 6th punch on Saturday. This is the easiest way to stop this, although it sucks working that 6th day, make them pay for that 6th punch every time and watch how fast they stop calling you in on your scheduled day off. And that 8hr req should be deemed as timely as Saturday is a regular day for those on a tues-sat schedule so 24 notice is valid.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

This is exactly the kind of thing that should never be happening. We are union employees. We have rights. This isn’t FedEx where they force some employees to take 5 hour breaks everyday because they have nothing for them to do.

If you are a M-friend driver you work M-friend. If you’re a T-S driver you work T-S. NO EXCEPTIONS. If they’re short handed because they didn’t plan properly or the 6 day workweek is screwing them up staffing wise, that is there problem. NOT OUR PROBLEM.

We don’t have Saturday ground where I am yet. Supposedly sometime this year. When this talk first started I made posts saying how PO’ed I was going to be if I got shifted T-S. Luckily I should be well outside the cut line thanks to all the new drivers we’ve hired and not as many people being needed as I thought. That being said if I was moved to T-S, I would laugh right in there face if they ever tried to force me in on Monday. Would never happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I

Is this what your supervisor’s are saying.Thats’s not what the contract says.They have to let 10 percent of drivers have 8 hour requests. If I remember by seniority and no more then one off in your area loop.I haven’t met many supervisors that know or follow the contact
On top of that they have let a minimum of 10% of drivers have an 8 hour.

So say I've already taken my 3 for the month but no one writes down for one but me they have to honor it.