8 hour request form?

sodak

So I always thought that we had to fill out some type of form for an 8 hour request. Our steward is out for a while and I haven’t been able to get a hold of him. Somone else told me you just need to write the request down. So I was just curious how others handle this. Do you guys have forms you fill out?

542thruNthru

So I always thought that we had to fill out some type of form for an 8 hour request. Our steward is out for a while and I haven’t been able to get a hold of him. Somone else told me you just need to write the request down. So I was just curious how others handle this. Do you guys have forms you fill out?

Do you have a contract? I ask because some places differ on amount of notice. Also it will tell you what you need to do to request a 8 HR day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Under the Southern Supplement, the employer is suppose to provide the form, we usually just write it down. You have to request within 5 calander days, not working, of the day you want. Management is then required to hand the form back accepting or denying the request. Failure to do so is automatic acceptance of the request. Penalty pay for failure to honor a request is 2 hours pay.

Article 37 Section 1 And Article 63

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Just take the day off and save your union brothers some stress. Your 8 hr day turns my day into 12 hours

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the central. Pretty sure just need 24hrs notice

Yep.

"A package car driver and full-time inside employee may request, by a twenty-four (24) hour advance written notice, to be relieved from duty after eight (8) hours of work on a particular day."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

It’s at least 72 hours.

For those covered under the national language;

"An employee who desires to be relieved from overtime on a particular day must make a written request on a form furnished by the Employer. Such a request must be submitted no later than the start of his/her shift on the fifth (5th) calendar day preceding the day being requested. A signed copy of the request form stating approval or disapproval shall be returned to the employee by the end of the employee’s next working day."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Just take the day off and save your union brothers some stress.

That's pretty selfish, don't you think ?

Our Union brother is just exercising his rights under the contract.

Your 8 hr day turns my day into 12 hours

Day one.... towards getting on the 9.5 list.

-Bug-

sodak

Just take the day off and save your union brothers some stress. Your 8 hr day turns my day into 12 hours
Actually, in my small center an 8 hour request usually forces them to add another route. Some drivers will often take one on a Monday because they usually cut routes that day. Then management had to decide if they want to try and load someone up and deal with having missed, or add another route and deal with not making there stupid stops per car number or whatever BS metric they are trying to meet.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It’s at least 72 hours.
disbelif.gif