8 hour requests and the TA

scoutlover

I happened to notice in the TA that the line talking about only being able to have one 8 hour request per loop was marked through. Does that actually mean they are doing away with that stipulation or did I miss something?

scoutlover

The reason I ask is because that's a little trick they use to screw us coverage drivers out of a request 8 (they'll move us into a loop with a more senior driver who also has an 8 hour request).

scoutlover

No, the trick is when they pull us off a weekly bid where there were no 8's into a loop with one. Or another is where they create a split route and name it in the same loop as one with an 8 yet we don't deliver a single stop in that loop. That's not seniority...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
why does the company need a full week to plan for 8 hour days...they can cut a car out 15 minutes before start time...I think 3 days notice is fair especially when sudden things pop up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
why does the company need a full week to plan for 8 hour days...they can cut a car out 15 minutes before start time...I think 3 days notice is fair especially when sudden things pop up.

Good point. In our local, or at least in my Center, we get 3 8's a month and we can tell them the night before.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here it's still 24 hours notice. As a driver I'd prefer the week.