8 hr guarantee violation?

542thruNthru

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.

What area are you in? Were you scheduled to work? Did they tell you to report to Package?

theshizz

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.

What area are you in? Were you scheduled to work? Did they tell you to report to Package?

Local 222 UT. I’m scheduled Monday through Friday pkg driver. Covered a sick call in feeder night run.. so off on Tuesday at 0600 10 hr reset put me at 1600 report time can’t do my route but was available to work. I know when in the local 104 AZ guys would do whatever work was available the next day and if none still got there 8 hr. New to feeder back up but I’m not going to do the company any favors backing up runs to just get burned the next day of work.

theshizz

Basically I requested my 8hr got denied contacted my BA and he agreed

542thruNthru

I agree you should file. Only thing I can think of is does your language say " reporting as scheduled." In your workday workweek language?

If you were scheduled to report to do your route they may say you lost your guarantee. I'd have to see your language. Still definitely file for your 8 hours.

theshizz

I agree you should file. Only thing I can think of is does your language say " reporting as scheduled." In your workday workweek language?

If you were scheduled to report to do your route they may say you lost your guarantee. I'd have to see your language. Still definitely file for your 8 hours.

Thanks for professional advice. Appreciate it.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

UPS and Union Reprentatives, sounds like politics. They make Promises, and Offers, at the end we got NOTHING. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You may be out of luck.

You're guaranteed 8 hours per day per your posted schedule and start time.

You were unavailable for work at your posted start time, possibly waiving your guarantee.

My question to you is did you volunteer to cover this feeder job or were you "assigned?"

This answer could make a big difference.

theshizz

You may be out of luck.

You were unavailable for work at your posted start time, possibly waiving your guarantee.

My question to you is did you volunteer to cover this feeder job or were you "assigned?"

Assigned. I am the only back up in our center just two runs.

theshizz

You may be out of luck.

Assigned. I am the only back up in our center just two runs.

Assigned only back up feeder in our center

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Haha ya where did car wash guy come from. Can’t fix stupid.
That's where he wants to stay. He makes just as much as a FT driver an hour.
drive around a bricked-out P-1000 with all of the daily grind and noise going on that goes with being a glorified garbage truck driver, or drive around empties quietly in the middle of the night. Tough choice!

I like my O-58 code personally.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Now I just want to drink
tenor.gif