8 hr guarantee violation?

theshizz

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.
Maybe you need to work else where. I heard Walmart is hiring greeters.

Johney

So you worked feeder(night)and after 10 hours off went back to package and they denied you your 8 hour guarantee?

Box Ox

Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday.

Not necessarily, since the national level IBT leaders have signaled all locals to drop their pants and let the Company have its way with them. Starting with the 2018 Contract.

theshizz

Maybe you need to work else where. I heard Walmart is hiring greeters.

Dummy

theshizz

I went over my limit yesterday. Lol
You have a limit? Tell your wife to give me a call and I'll see that we raise that limit.
Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday.

Not necessarily, since the national level IBT leaders have signaled all locals to drop their pants and let the Company have its way with them. Starting with the 2018 Contract.

Hahaha no :censored2:. It’s getting bad.