8 hr thrown in the garbage lol!

Hooey1

Long story short, if all this makes sense?! I had requested an 8 hr day 24 hrs in advance (I.e. Date prepared 07/01/17 date requested 07/02/17) I ended up not working the "1st" came in the "2nd" (which was supposed to be my 8 hr day)to no 8 hr. I asked my sup if my request was granted and he said no, that I had requested the "1st" which I did not work. I asked to see my 8 hr form so I could see my mistake and he said he had thrown it away. I asked what garbage can and he said "I threw it away yesterday and all garbage is taken out daily." So I ended up working a 12 hr day(pi**ed), went back to the building and decided to dumpster dive. I found my form and I was correct with my dates, prepared the first requested the second but I guess he didn't like that and just threw it in the garbage without denying it and with a given reason... so my question is, what type of grievance should I file? Thank you guys in advance I hope it all makes sense, really just a big :censored2: show...

542thruNthru

Long story short, if all this makes sense?! I had requested an 8 hr day 24 hrs in advance (I.e. Date prepared 07/01/17 date requested 07/02/17) I ended up not working the "1st" came in the "2nd" (which was supposed to be my 8 hr day)to no 8 hr. I asked my sup if my request was granted and he said no, that I had requested the "1st" which I did not work. I asked to see my 8 hr form so I could see my mistake and he said he had thrown it away. I asked what garbage can and he said "I threw it away yesterday and all garbage is taken out daily." So I ended up working a 12 hr day(pi**ed), went back to the building and decided to dumpster dive. I found my form and I was correct with my dates, prepared the first requested the second but I guess he didn't like that and just threw it in the garbage without denying it and with a given reason... so my question is, what type of grievance should I file? Thank you guys in advance I hope it all makes sense, really just a big :censored2: show...

First you'll need to let us know what supplemental contract you are under before someone can give you a good answer.

The reason I say this is because where I am we have to give 5 days notice for a 8hr day. Once we know your contract language you will get a more informed answer.

Hooey1

First you'll need to let us know what supplemental contract you are under before someone can give you a good answer.

The reason I say this is because where I am we have to give 5 days notice for a 8hr day. Once we know your contract language you will get a more informed answer.
542thruNthru Thank you for your reply, I'm under the central region supplement

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Be careful.
That sheet you pulled out of the garbage is not your property.
Talk to your steward.
Do you sign these 8 hour forms?
If I sign a contract with someone and both parties sign/agree to it, I have the right to protect my signature from being forged or used maliciously.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you walked in Friday morning (7/1) and submitted your 8 hour request for the following day (Saturday, 7/2)? I have never submitted an 8 hour request but I am pretty sure that you have to provide more than 24 hour notice, especially before a major holiday.

As was mentioned above, you may want to tread carefully on your use of the form that you dug out of the trash.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
if i was still dispatching and you handed me an 8 hour request the day before i'd use it for toilet paper
We only need 24 hours in advance to request our 8 hours here. If you were dispatching in my center you would be struggling to find a home to all the parcels I brought back to the building as I walked out the door after 8 hours worked.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is why, if I really need the day, I call in. Why chance it?

I don't take off much, so this works every time.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We only need 24 hours in advance to request our 8 hours here. If you were dispatching in my center you would be struggling to find a home to all the parcels I brought back to the building as I walked out the door after 8 hours worked.
dispatcher gone by 0930, not my problem

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ethics hotline might like to hear about that also.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
if i was still dispatching and you handed me an 8 hour request the day before i'd use it for toilet paper

And the the paperwork, with your name in bold capital letters on it, that I submitted the very next day would be done so with the express intention of being shoved up same said orifice!

Brownslave688

First I'd love to know how it takes more than 24 hours to prepare for an 8 hour request.

Second I'm in the central. Do your worst because I'm brining back whatever I need to for my 8 request. Don't think for a second your ass won't be reemed when they have to find a home for 50 stops at 6 pm.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

This needs to be addressed in the next contract... ups doesn't need a 5 day warning to plan an 8 hour day for any route!!!! They can bust 3 fully loaded routes out of the lineup 30 minutes before driver start time, they sure in hell don't need 5 days to plan for an 8 hour.....it use to be 1 day in advance.....make it 2 days and call it good....5 days is a joke and many times the driver has to drop stops even after they tell dispatch 10 times what they need to make an 8 hour day happen....

Hooey1

Where I'm at we only need 24 hours in advance to request an 8 hr day, we have a box that is either selected granted or denied and if denied a reason is given, I.e. Driver with higher seniority requested.
The dates I posted on this site are actually made up just to protect my identity lol if that even helps.
My form was just straight out thrown in the garbage just because they didn't feel like giving any on a regular work day and I was lied to and said my dates were wrong.... which they weren't. I just find it funny that we are fired for dishonesty but when you have proof that they blantently lied to your face nothing can be done.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So you walked in Friday morning (7/1) and submitted your 8 hour request for the following day (Saturday, 7/2)? I have never submitted an 8 hour request but I am pretty sure that you have to provide more than 24 hour notice, especially before a major holiday.

As was mentioned above, you may want to tread carefully on your use of the form that you dug out of the trash.

Article 19 section 3 of the central Dave.
"A package car driver and full-time inside employee may request, by
a twenty-four (24) hour advance written notice, to be relieved from
duty after eight (8) hours of work on a particular day"
No you wouldn't. The rules apply to you also

Brownslave688

This needs to be addressed in the next contract... ups doesn't need a 5 day warning to plan an 8 hour day for any route!!!! They can bust 3 fully loaded routes out of the lineup 30 minutes before driver start time, they sure in hell don't need 5 days to plan for an 8 hour.....it use to be 1 day in advance.....make it 2 days and call it good....5 days is a joke and many times the driver has to drop stops even after they tell dispatch 10 times what they need to make an 8 hour day happen....
Everyone not in the central needs to be allowed to bring back stops too.

We don't do this penalty pay BS. If you have an 8 hour request you only work 8 hours.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
First I'd love to know how it takes more than 24 hours to prepare for an 8 hour request.

Second I'm in the central. Do your worst because I'm brining back whatever I need to for my 8 request. Don't think for a second your ass won't be reemed when they have to find a home for 50 stops at 6 pm.
I would like to see the bring back stop language in the national....it might slow down some of the games dispatch plays with drivers....i.e., let's take 20 easy resi stops off and give them a few extra bulk stops on an 8 hour...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Everyone not in the central needs to be allowed to bring back stops too.

We don't do this penalty pay BS. If you have an 8 hour request you only work 8 hours.
And when you grieve it they just agree to give you another 8 hour day... total joke. Do you guys feel like mgt makes an effort to reduce the stops with that language or do they just find someone else to take the stops back out when you return to the building in 8???