8-year-old girl on bike dies after being hit by UPS truck in Double Diamond area

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
8-year-old girl on bike dies after being hit by UPS truck in Double Diamond, Nevada area - News 4

An 8-year-old girl on a bicycle was hit and killed by a UPS truck near the intersection of Apache Rose Drive and Box Canyon Drive in Double Diamond on Tuesday afternoon, according to Reno Police.

Sergeant Joe Lever said Reno Police are still investigating, but they believe the girl was riding on the sidewalk and was hit by the truck after she left the curb.

Lever also said it did not appear as though she was wearing a helmet.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see kids and adults everyday who just step off or ride off the curb without even looking for traffic. Its amazing more aren't killed. Even if you have the right of way LOOK first.

badpal

You know everybody cusses the CEO and how much money he makes. But imagine coming to work every morning and seeing terrible stuff like this on our desk each morning. They can have it. I imagine everyday some tragedy or scandal.

CaliforniaPaul

8-year-old girl on bike dies after being hit by UPS truck in Double Diamond, Nevada area - News 4

An 8-year-old girl on a bicycle was hit and killed by a UPS truck near the intersection of Apache Rose Drive and Box Canyon Drive in Double Diamond on Tuesday afternoon, according to Reno Police.

Sergeant Joe Lever said Reno Police are still investigating, but they believe the girl was riding on the sidewalk and was hit by the truck after she left the curb.

Lever also said it did not appear as though she was wearing a helmet.
It was in Sparks Nevada.