804 board , row b , where are u?

AcesUp804

OK I know you guys are officially in Jan 1,2010 ,, but nothing at all , as to whats going on ,, nothing on the 804membersunited website ,, nothing? come on ,you guys ran your whole campaign saying you will keep us informed , well I guess Tim is busy teaching half hes slate the contract and how to be a business agent lol

local804

Yes, I guess there is a lot of information to post in the one day they have been in office while it is a UPS holiday. Relax and let the guys do the job. I understand your boys got a beating and your still a little bitter, but try to keep an open mind. Row A pulling down OUR website (which has not been updated since October) had lots of good information on it(sarcasm).Happy New Year!

local804

Time will tell local 804. THE MEMBERS ARE WATCHING

Are you watching the financial activity of our fund during the end of December? $180,000+++ taken out to buy out vacations? with no proof what was owed or taken for years because of wiped out hard drives?

outlaw

Ok Im not an accountant but I did take 2 years of it, one in high school and the other at NCCC. If vacation time is owed to employees it must be listed as a LIABILITY and carried over from year to year. Are you saying those records are missing? Dont forget im sure papers have to be filed with the international and the gov. every year so im sure its a very easy thing to check. I also think local 804 has a book keeper and a accountant. Sounds like another conspiracy theory.
By the way I have been watching and all I have seen so far is our copays going up and our RETIREES getting screwed, and BAD representation very BAD.The old e-board could have done the same thing pass the cost over to the membership but they refused. Rember when they raised the copay 5 dollars all hell broke loose.
Did you ever call the hall and ask if was true about all money from the health and welfare going into the pension fund for years when RC was there.

local804

I never called the hall but will take your word on it. The only difference is when Ron left the local, there was 32 million in the health and welfare fund and in 5 years it dropped 20 million to 12 million. Can we agree this drop is huge and should raise concern?

As for the vacations, if you read article XV section 5b (under fringe benefits) it states and I quote-
"It is the stated policy of Local 804 that vacation leave shall be utilized in the year where it was not earned. However, where this is not possible, an officer or employee may elect to carry over no more than 3 weeks of vacation in a single year, up to a lifetime maximum of 9 weeks of accrued and unused vacation." As far as I know, there are no records of when the guys with the 9 weeks in the bank took his vacation but do know that he got a nice $24,000 check. I am sure the international will look into that, just give it some time:)

I would think that in 2009 having a 0-9 record in arbitration cases would be BAD, very BAD representation. Can we agree on that?
Outlaw from Maspeth?

CRASH501

i would think that in 2009 having a 0-9 record in arbitration cases would be bad, very bad representation. Can we agree on that?
Outlaw from maspeth?
Just curious ....and you know why . What is this years arbitration results to date ? I am not questioning the new board only the panel

CRASH501

They havent started yet.....was that 804's decision as to get aclimated or the board ? Im not sure how this crap works

local804

They havent started yet.....was that 804's decision as to get aclimated or the board ? Im not sure how this crap works

From what I understand, They didnt have any info on any of the cases when they came into office Jan 1. They had to meet with the employees on a 1 on 1 basis, then work with the labor manager for the dates on a case by case basis. We do have a new Labor mgr now in this district and he works way differently than the other LM. This guy takes the cases to arbitration in order of occurance. The old LM would have bumped the people not working to get in asap to get them back to work or move on with their lives. I told you in the past there are people that are still waiting for an arbitration since last summer and have not worked a day.

CRASH501

from what i understand, they didnt have any info on any of the cases when they came into office jan 1. They had to meet with the employees on a 1 on 1 basis, then work with the labor manager for the dates on a case by case basis. We do have a new labor mgr now in this district and he works way differently than the other lm. This guy takes the cases to arbitration in order of occurance. The old lm would have bumped the people not working to get in asap to get them back to work or move on with their lives. i told you in the past there are people that are still waiting for an arbitration since last summer and have not worked a day.

Thats understood but upon calling the hall you dont get much ! I understand they have no answers yet themselves , but until you are the guy sitting @ home twiddling your thumbs thinking how the friend... Am i going to keep paying these bills ...its easy to offer advice . I understand this will take upto and around 2 years , but this whole process is frustrating

CRASH501

SO HERE IT GOES , AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE IN THE NEW BOARD FOR THE SECOND TIME I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY DELIGATE AND NOT RECIEVED A CALL BACK " AGAIN " IT'S OH LET ME CALL SO & SO TO CHECK INTO THAT ! wating , waiting , waiting ,

Row B gave ups a free 3 day suspention to a guy in my building. He's going to get fired soon because they didn't know it was for methods. How could they just say yes without knowing all the facts. From what I was told the BA didn't even talk to the guy or find out it was his first accident till after he said yes to the suspention.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Row B gave ups a free 3 day suspention to a guy in my building. He's going to get fired soon because they didn't know it was for methods. How could they just say yes without knowing all the facts. From what I was told the BA didn't even talk to the guy or find out it was his first accident till after he said yes to the suspention.

Was it a method violation or an accident? Depending on the seiousness of the accident a suspension could be called for.

Cant just type what you typed and expect us to fill in the blanks and follow along.

Ooops, to late crash has already put in his useless 2 cents!