8hr request vs 9.5 list

Delivery!!!

Is the 9.5 list useless? 9.5 is still not getting done until 7:10 with a 9:10 start and taking your half hour for lunch. I'd prefer getting 4 8hr request per month in lieu of a 9.5 list. With an 8hr day you can still get to those important things in your kids lives. Thoughts?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
As a management employee who has to worry about 9.5s. YES PLEASE.

As someone who knows how this company works, it's probably not something you want to give up on....

Delivery!!!

I have yet to have one denied in my short time here. Usually get a 7.5 to 7.75 dispatch on a request. My center seems fairly comparable to the BOG as well. I've only had one week where I could even try to get on the 9.5 list. Not worth the battle as I'm still in progression and average 47 hrs a week. At this point addition 8s would be nice vs the 9.5 list.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have yet to have one denied in my short time here. Usually get a 7.5 to 7.75 dispatch on a request. My center seems fairly comparable to the BOG as well. I've only had one week where I could even try to get on the 9.5 list. Not worth the battle as I'm still in progression and average 47 hrs a week. At this point addition 8s would be nice vs the 9.5 list.
All depends on the local management. Some places are mind blowing when it comes to 9.5s, even within a division there could be wild differences. I was in a building where an average paid day of 9.0 were extreme. But the one and hour to the south was around a 9.8

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So you would like to maybe get done in 8 hours 4 times a month in lieu of protection that can work 3 times a week? Don't make me sick @hyena or @LeadBelly on you.

Delivery!!!

So you would like to maybe get done in 8 hours 4 times a month in lieu of protection that can work 3 times a week? Don't make me sick @hyena or @LeadBelly on you.
I'm not on the list and don't get loaded up. So from my vantage point additional 8s look favorable. However maybe we don't get loaded up because our management team doesn't want to deal with a bunch of drivers on the list. It may very well be acting like a deterrent.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm not on the list and don't get loaded up. So from my vantage point additional 8s look favorable. However maybe we don't get loaded up because our management team doesn't want to deal with a bunch of drivers on the list. It may very well be acting like a deterrent.
That's how it is some places. Here we don't care about it unless you're on the list. Previous building? Everybody in our minds was on the list. We didn't want to risk someone actually getting on it.

People laugh at me. But I never saw a 9.5 grievance in the 18 months I was a sup there.

wayfair

swollen member
All depends on the local management. Some places are mind blowing when it comes to 9.5s, even within a division there could be wild differences. I was in a building where an average paid day of 9.0 were extreme. But the one and hour to the south was around a 9.8

Our DPS plans our guys at a 9.1 hour day every day, ya know, because every 9.1 hour day is the same...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our DPS plans our guys at a 9.1 hour day every day, ya know, because every 9.1 hour day is the same...
I always try and shoot for about an 8.7. It's like the sweet spot production wise. But obviously there are other factors that come into play that may cause that to go either way.

wayfair

swollen member
I always try and shoot for about an 8.7. It's like the sweet spot production wise. But obviously there are other factors that come into play that may cause that to go either way.

My last 8 hour request was granted and I told my ORS, no way I could be off in time.
He later called me and told me that the DPS told him that I shouldn't have a problem that he sent me out with a 8.6 day...
filed

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even if it's "useless" as you say, then still get on it, keep filing on it and keep getting paid on it. It's as simple as that. If they're going to give away free money then you may as well be the one taking it from them.

DOK

What do you do if i.e. says they want your center's average plan day at 9.85?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Probably like that all do. Cut a route, then after its too late, put it back on, with everything loaded completely out of order because they couldn't generate new handling instructions.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't plan it like that.

In simple math you take stops and divide it by SPC to get the amount of routes. Then take the volume and divide in by the NDPPH to get on road hours. Your on road hours divided by your routes gives you the paid day. You factor in growth to get some wiggle room. That is usually where I can fit another route in to drop the paid day.

You don't use the paid day as a target, you use SPC. That is the number they care about more. It can usually shake out to drop your paid day. I don't care what the IE planned paid day is as long as I hit SPC and NDPPH because those are actual production numbers.