9/11/01

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
94AF22D3-2F94-4F28-8ED5-D23F1FC16D3C.jpeg
Where were you on this date? Share your stories and thoughts....never forget!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
View attachment 210284 Where were you on this date? Share your stories and thoughts....never forget!
In bumper to bumper traffic on the Walt Whitman bridge. Listening to Howard Stern say a second plane hit the World Trade Center and that we were under attack. Was on my way to paint the runway at Philly International, needless to say, they didn’t let our paint trucks on the runway that day.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was home on vacation. I missed the first tower getting hit but I had the news on and saw the second tower get hit when it happened.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m 31 years old , I was in 10th grade when it happened. Instead of the teachers keeping it quiet they wheeled the TVs in the classrooms and let us watch the news coverage the entire school day . That wouldn’t happen today anymore , teachers would turn the TVs off and hide the truth from the youth..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was working. I delivered to one stop and they told me a plane had hit the building. I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went into another stop, a home theater store, and they told me another plane had hit. I stood there for about 15-20 minutes watching the coverage.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was working. I delivered to one stop and they told me a plane had hit the building. I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went into another stop, a home theater store, and they told me another plane had hit. I stood there for about 15-20 minutes watching the coverage.

I watched the news all day. So much confusion about what was happening.

I was an air driver out of Logan airport, probably walked by the s.o.b that did this. Called off road, didn’t work for a week. Terrible terrible day. RIP to all innocents that perished.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s a horrible thing that took place , it’s amazing that your brain will never forget where you were at during this moment. It’s a once in a lifetime experience , not a good one but a one that will be remembered.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I’m 31 years old , I was in 10th grade when it happened. Instead of the teachers keeping it quiet they wheeled the TVs in the classrooms and let us watch the news coverage the entire school day . That wouldn’t happen today anymore , teachers would turn the TVs off and hide the truth from the youth..

I'm not so sure about that. The government and news loves to keep you scared. So by showing you all the horribleness in the world it keeps you subservient. This is why your local news only puts it's feel good stories at the end of the 30-35 minutes. By the end of the news you have already tuned out once they air sports and weather.

ManInBrown

Was in an auto parts/repair store. Guy from the back office comes out front and says a plane just hit the World Trade Center. Everyone in the store shuffled into this little back office where they had a TV and we watched it for a good 20 minutes.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
19 years old. Left preload, got home in time to watch second plane hit. Was a volunteer firefighter at the time in a dept. that's 30 miles south of NYC.

Went to the firehouse, waited. We eventually sent a truck to Brooklyn, though I wasnt on it.

We then prepared for an influx of casualties that never came.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Was at my second stop , went to conference room to grab a coffee and saw the first plane , turned to leave and the girls in office started to scream , I turned to see the second plane and explosion , aweful day , sister was a flight attendant at American , never heard from her till late that nite ,,we never got called off the road !

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We had TV's in every room, none of the teachers would put on the news, probably a directive from the administration.

I had been watching it at home because I had a "study hall" first period which meant I didn't have to show up until the second.

The drive to school was weird. It was even weirder sitting in class with people who had no idea what was going on. Hard to process that kind of thing as a kid.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
Did UPS call all the drivers in?

If that happened today I’m sure we’d get a message on the diad “Follow the methods... all air on time... avacados help reduce stress.”

rod

Retired 22 years
I had just retired 2 1/2 months earlier so I was sitting in a Lazyboy recliner in my underwear watching tv and thinking damn---I should be getting dressed for the day.