9.5 and the "Cover Driver".

Well , depends, if he covers the route all week he is eligible , so if said employee works over 9.5 hours 3 days while covering the same route this week that will either put him or her on "the list" or violate "the list". Hope this helps.
If you cover the route for the whole week but have less than four years you are eligible to put your name on the 9:5 list. They only have to accommodate said driver if he is covering it for the week provided he's able to bid his route by the week. If they also put him on it for the week but he can pick he can also put his name on the list but I'd bet they never put the guy or girl on a route for the whole week for the duration of the four years.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If you cover the route for the whole week but have less than four years you are eligible to put your name on the 9:5 list. They only have to accommodate said driver if he is covering it for the week provided he's able to bid his route by the week. If they also put him on it for the week but he can pick he can also put his name on the list but I'd bet they never put the guy or girl on a route for the whole week for the duration of the four years.

Thank you, this is what I was alluding to. We had a driver last year before peak that took advantage to this loophole. This was the sort of scenario that I was referring to and yes as strange as it seems a junior driver can take advantage of the bid driver's 9.5 status. Thank you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you, this is what I was alluding to. We had a driver last year before peak that took advantage to this loophole. This was the sort of scenario that I was referring to and yes as strange as it seems a junior driver can take advantage of the bid driver's 9.5 status. Thank you.
What?!?!!?!?

Where did you get that out of that?

its doesn't follow the route it follows the driver on the list. If th coverage driver isn't on the list he can be loaded up.

35years

Gravy route
He doesn't have to have won a weekly bid. As long as he does the same route for the whole week, whether he won the weekly bid, or was assigned that route.

A non-bid driver, WAD, is eligible to get on the 9.5 list as long as he is assigned the same route for the entire week.
Additionally a driver is eligible who should have been on the same route for a week, but they take him off of it. They played that game with my cover driver. He was taken off my route on a Friday (because of an emergency situation ) and put in 12 hours on another route. He got the 9.5 penalty pay (his 3rd 9.5 that week).

Hmmm, ok, so I am a figment of my imagination? I wondered that sometimes when I was a young'n.
What I mean is we are all just characters that people watch that don't log in. We are all obviously people and not robots but this isn't life saving stuff here. We are a support group for each other as we go on our long journey that is United Parcel service but we are also a side show for another group of people that bring in revenue for Cheryl.

upschuck

What I mean is we are all just characters that people watch that don't log in. We are all obviously people and not robots but this isn't life saving stuff here. We are a support group for each other as we go on our long journey that is United Parcel service but we are also a side show for another group of people that bring in revenue for Cheryl.
I know what you were saying, just having a little fun.

I know what you were saying, just having a little fun.
I'm not a fictional character. I'm for real. I help people and open up my house sorta for them. I don't advise this for most people. It can be very annoying and open you up to many attacks. Being a real person here puts you at a disadvantage.