9.5 as a cover driver less than 4 years

Dr.Brownz

I’ve gotten on the list. They have already begun changing my route and renaming it some days. I still get 12 hours a day and the route still has a lot of similar stops, helping the same areas just different residentials (still in same town) and businesses(still in same town) with about 40 stops out of 130 remaining the same. Do I still have a chance to file and get my hours reduced?

Also I’ve heard UPS can’t force me to use my phone, I plan on leaving it in my car for now on. What is my responsibility when it comes to providing a mapsco or something to navigate with? I don’t plan on intentionally sabotaging my job. I just don’t plan on doing them any favors such as providing things I don’t have to free of charge. The way I’ve been treated for requesting less hours and insisting they follow the contract has been disgraceful.

Document all this and destroy them at panel

Dr.Brownz

You do know that we can print the map with all the dispatched stops on it right? We usually print 2-3 pages for the route and most of the drivers seem to work with it just fine.

Ask the PDS or a ORS, its not perfect like the (ADC Map) but it works.

TIP: Buy an ADC from Barnes and Noble and write it off on your taxes. Make your job easier...

and quit being a D##k about the phone...

Why the hell should this guy use his phone when management are playing games with his 9.5 protection? huh? Tell me. I'd love to hear what kind of mental gymnastics you use to justify this. My guess is you won't respond because that is how UPS management address most situations: RUN AWAY!

d43547408310fbd6ae34ea871feb76fb.jpg

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
My god are you a UPS paid social media rep? WTF is wrong with you?
I'm just not into this "hold my pocket, while I show you the ropes society," we are becoming. A person should cherish their independence, and a business should reward an employee's direction and resourcefulness.

Dr.Brownz

I'm just not into this "hold my pocket, while I show you the ropes society," we are becoming. A person should cherish their independence, and a business should reward an employee's direction and resourcefulness.

So if the employee is working hard to get off early and in response UPS gives them more work, how is that "reward(ing) an employee's direction and resourcefulness"? That is abuse of a persons work ethic

SolidWoodPanel

So if the employee is working hard to get off early and in response UPS gives them more work, how is that "reward(ing) an employee's direction and resourcefulness"? That is abuse of a persons work ethic
There's no need to work hard to get off early. You get paid days off/personal days. If you have a legitimate reason to get off early you should make it known as soon as possible and management should try to accommodate you. Just as there's no reason to not take an hour paid lunch break.

Dr.Brownz

There's no need to work hard to get off early. You get paid days off/personal days. If you have a legitimate reason to get off early you should make it known as soon as possible and management should try to accommodate you. Just as there's no reason to not take an hour paid lunch break.

There is a reason to take a half hour lunch, to avoid sitting doing nothing for a half hour and get to your wife, kids, dog, whatever a half hour earlier. UPS should not be holding your personal time hostage and I really can't fathom how this type of practice is not seen as creating a hostile/toxic work environment .

It's like you have Stockholm syndrome from being abused for so long. You didn't even answer my question, you just denied the idea that someone would want to be done working in only 8 hours, LOL.

Life doesn’t always give you 7 days in advance to plan for. Safety is the reason I don’t take an hour lunch. Besides very few routes are dispatched to take an hour lunch.

Dr.Brownz

Life doesn’t always give you 7 days in advance to plan for. Safety is the reason I don’t take an hour lunch. Besides very few routes are dispatched to take an hour lunch.

If my dispatch gets too heavy I take an hour lunch. Not my problem that I won't make the feeder pull

SolidWoodPanel

Our whole building gets an hour lunch. Supposed to take it between the 4th and 5th hour but it doesn't matter. Some guys wait till the end of the day to take it. One guy regularly goes out to eat with his wife nearly every friday. Some routes are out in the sticks. People make due/pack a lunch. Which goes back to my point. You should have a plan, and plan ahead.

IIIIII

My center doesn’t have optional break time. You have to have one hour unpaid everyday. I choose to use that time to sit in some A/C and handle personal business. Some choose to work for free, it’s kind of pathetic. They don’t stand up for themselves and want off the clock early so they cut corners wherever they can.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My center doesn’t have optional break time. You have to have one hour unpaid everyday. I choose to use that time to sit in some A/C and handle personal business. Some choose to work for free, it’s kind of pathetic. They don’t stand up for themselves and want off the clock early so they cut corners wherever they can.

So if you only put 15 minutes for your lunch they will take out an additional 45?

IIIIII

So if you only put 15 minutes for your lunch they will take out an additional 45?
I don’t think they’d go as far as that. But you would definitely receive discipline for not entering a full hour. During that time people choose to deliver and they ignore that.

dudebro

They won't give you a phone for maps. You can still keep your phone on you and refuse to use it. They need to provide you with a map.

You can run around fighting on this hill if you want, but your DIAD will give you directions soon enough. No, Billy Bob in Testicles, TN might not have GPS but 90%+ of the routes will.

Complaints about "Distractions in the cab for safety" will be perceived as what they really are - malicious compliance to safety rules - by any arbitrator or judge who probably has navigation of some form in his or her own personal vehicle.

Indecisi0n

You can run around fighting on this hill if you want, but your DIAD will give you directions soon enough. No, Billy Bob in Testicles, TN might not have GPS but 90%+ of the routes .

It should have been like this years ago. Since the company/Orion knows better than have the diad tell me what my next stop is and how to get there turn by turn.

john chesney

I’ve gotten on the list. They have already begun changing my route and renaming it some days. I still get 12 hours a day and the route still has a lot of similar stops, helping the same areas just different residentials (still in same town) and businesses(still in same town) with about 40 stops out of 130 remaining the same. Do I still have a chance to file and get my hours reduced?

Also I’ve heard UPS can’t force me to use my phone, I plan on leaving it in my car for now on. What is my responsibility when it comes to providing a mapsco or something to navigate with? I don’t plan on intentionally sabotaging my job. I just don’t plan on doing them any favors such as providing things I don’t have to free of charge. The way I’ve been treated for requesting less hours and insisting they follow the contract has been disgraceful.
This will be fixed in 30 years or when you quit get fired or die. Welcome aboard

IIIIII

Complaints about "Distractions in the cab for safety" will be perceived as what they really are - malicious compliance to safety rules - by any arbitrator or judge who probably has navigation of some form in his or her own personal vehicle.
Not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying me not bringing my phone to use or refusing to use my phone will be malicious compliance or will the company be thrown on their ass for saying my phone is an in cab distraction?