9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separate But Equal.

dqs95124

I'm on a different rt. every day my agent says It's a National agreement and He can't do anything. There is so much room for abuse here. Eliminateing RTS, cutting cars. I go out on avg 180 to 200 stops, then I have to go help some one. With lower seniority going home.. If I can't file for O/t then I should be able to file for seniority?? Right...

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separte But Equa

Does it say that in the contract (that you're not eligible because you don't have a route)?

I don't think so.

barnyard

KTM rider
Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separte But Equa

We have a couple of cover drivers that have successfully filed over 9.5. As soon as we got PAS/EDD over 9.5 grievances have been slam dunks.

dqs95124

That's what I thought. OT is Ot.

dqs95124

Why?? Do get paid more or less. I pay the same union dues..So why can't I file a 9.5..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Why?? Do get paid more or less. I pay the same union dues..So why can't I file a 9.5..

I think they are blowing smoke. Go to your rep, he would know this answer based on your contract.

dqs95124

I was told I can't. Went there done that... thanks Ohio.

dqs95124

MY agent says I can't. National . O/T is O/T for all of us...

over9five

Staff member

Read Article 37. It does NOT exempt drivers without a route.

You most certainly CAN file for over 9.5!

barnyard

KTM rider

Read Article 37. It does NOT exempt drivers without a route.

You most certainly CAN file for over 9.5!

Yep, this is a case where you need a copy of the contract and you need to read it.

dqs95124

MY agent Jerry SWEENY 287 SAYS I can't. and will not file

lvgolfer962

Yep, this is a case where you need a copy of the contract and you need to read it.

where can I get a copy of the contract? Like the op I tried to file an over 9.5 grievance and was told that since im a utility driver and i don't have a route that im not eligible. At the time we were still in the western district and have since been moved to the Southern California district and would really love to have a copy of this contract

dqs95124

I've read the contract. 9.5 is 9.5. What do you do when yr. biz agent tells you can't file

dqs95124

I've read it. Told my Agent about it. My Union told me non bid drivers are exempt. How do g over agents head w/ this b/s..

lvgolfer962

I was also shut down by the business agent, something to do with an amendment in the western contract vs the national contract???
If i was wrongfully denied i will go after penalty pay and really stir it up. Ive got calendars with hours worked each day for the last 3 years LOL

lvgolfer962

Just remembered why they told me i couldn't file.

They said the the normal driver with the route would have to be on the 9.5 list and i would have to be working his route for the 3 days over 9.5 to file??????

dqs95124

why?? OT IS OT.......Cover driver .

lvgolfer962

No clue brother. We dont have cover drivers anymore were all full-time utility drivers(15-20 of us). I did a different route everyday this week so that the normal/rte driver could have the day off(not a scheduled day off-they came in a wanted to go home unpaid day off).