9.5 communication with management

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So you send a message? So what? These clowns won't let anyone help you anyway due to their undying loyalty to failed Orion. So, message and collect, it will never change.

1Simplemann

The intent of getting on the list is to reduce your hours.
I know perfectly well what the intent is. I see no reason why he should call in at 2pm. It's kinda sore subject w/ me about drivers using their personal phones for business. We all do it but I still hate it. I block all their calls and on call them if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. Tell em' in the morning before you leave. If nothing is done. Warn them that grievance will be filed. If by 2pm, nothing is done. Send them a message that your going over. After that it's on them and they can pay the grievance. They know perfectly well that he is over dispatched before he leaves. They're just hoping he won't say anything.

In2Deep?

You don't have to use your phone or call. Message into OMS and let them relay the message. If you have t noticed management wants us to make their jobs easier while they crap on us. Don't put out their fires for them. They create the mess let them deal with it. Do your job as directed. If they want to talk to you before PCM, ask them if they want you to clock in. If not tell them you'll talk to them after PCM(oh no AM time!)

Back on topic I used to use my phone for work....until one weekend a customer was so pissed off at UPS(surprised?) that they called the only other number they had besides the 1-800 number (whose main goal is to wait the customer out until they finally hang up). From that day on Ive never used my phone for work again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The 9.5 language may be worded about "reducing OT" but it was really just a bone the union thugs and UPS suits threw to the drivers, to pacify them while they are more and more overworked. Feel-good language.

I doubt that helps the OP any ;)

Oh yeah, using your personal phone for work is dumb, especially when you are on their hit-list. It takes at least a minute or two to type out a response in the DIAD, and 5-10 minutes for responses.. that is paid time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The 9.5 language may be worded about "reducing OT" but it was really just a bone the union thugs and UPS suits threw to the drivers, to pacify them while they are more and more overworked. Feel-good language.

I doubt that helps the OP any ;)

Oh yeah, using your personal phone for work is dumb, especially when you are on their hit-list. It takes at least a minute or two to type out a response in the DIAD, and 5-10 minutes for responses.. that is paid time.
How do you know this is the intent of the language?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First off ov only been opted-in for a month and up until two weeks ago everything was normal...

2 weeks ago - normal, message at 2, are you gonna be over and how many you need help with

Last week - no message at all

Next week - supposed to call the office at 2 and tell them we're gonna be over/under and how many you need help with

Union guys told us not to call under any circumstances. So they're just gonna pay out if we go over and don't call or message the office?
Send a message in. Not need to call but you need to inform them.

In2Deep?

the company has no problem paying the 9.5 grievances. I file to get hours reduced but is a sloooow process. Just like they do with the customers on the phone, they are simply trying to wait us out.

Corporate has no problem paying but your on road supervisor and center manager hates them because it shines negatively on them. As we all know UPS only cares about numbers and that one is a demerit that gets them scolded during their daily conference call with the district manager.

I know perfectly well what the intent is. I see no reason why he should call in at 2pm. It's kinda sore subject w/ me about drivers using their personal phones for business. We all do it but I still hate it. I block all their calls and on call them if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. Tell em' in the morning before you leave. If nothing is done. Warn them that grievance will be filed. If by 2pm, nothing is done. Send them a message that your going over. After that it's on them and they can pay the grievance. They know perfectly well that he is over dispatched before he leaves. They're just hoping he won't say anything.

Yes they know he's over dispatched. There waiting to see what he's gonna do. So by 2 they have a pretty good idea if he will be over or under 9 5.

Like Wally said there not gonna send help due to there Orion solution. Said it before and I'm saying that the 9 5 language is too vague. Needs work come next contract

In2Deep?

If I don't send a message and go over they don't count that day. What a joke
No it sounds like you are getting bad info. You don't have to send in a message to file the 9.5. If you are trying to get less stops that day and get in earlier then yes send a message letting them know, but it will probably be ignored since the company has no problem paying the penalty pay

Brownslave688

No it sounds like you are getting bad info. You don't have to send in a message to file the 9.5. If you are trying to get less stops that day and get in earlier then yes send a message letting them know, but it will probably be ignored since the company has no problem paying the penalty pay
If you don't send in a message ever and you go over 3 days you will not win your 9.5 grievance.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The last time I was on the 9.5 list and then filed a grievance for being over a sup approached me and told me I should have let them know I wasn't going to make. In front of the union steward I told him, "I shouldn't have to let you know. You know what you sent me out with and you have the ability all day to see how I'm progressing. The ball's in your court." Steward agreed and I went about my merry way.

Brownslave688

The last time I was on the 9.5 list and then filed a grievance for being over a sup approached me and told me I should have let them know I wasn't going to make. In front of the union steward I told him, "I shouldn't have to let you know. You know what you sent me out with and you have the ability all day to see how I'm progressing. The ball's in your court." Steward agreed and I went about my merry way.
All depends on where you are but here you'd never win that.

I mean is it that hard to send in a message. Over 9.5 today