9.5 during vacation week

Tallman84

I have a vacation coming up and I'm sure they're going to ask me to work it to help out. I know from doing it in the past I get paid double time all day but I was wondering if I am able to file 9.5 grievances on top of it?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I have a vacation coming up and I'm sure they're going to ask me to work it to help out. I know from doing it in the past I get paid double time all day but I was wondering if I am able to file 9.5 grievances on top of it?
Tell them you’ll volunteer to come in if you are dispatched with no more than a 9 hour plan.. by Wednesday they’ll forget about the deal & screw you .. then don’t show up Thursday or Friday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So they pay you the 45 hours of vacation pay at your regular rate and you want to come in and earn double pay for hours worked and penalty pay if go over 9.5?? Greedy much??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would that matter? If I work my vacation that's my choice. They're not forcing me to. Or maybe I misunderstand what you're saying

I will use little words:

Why would you bid that week if you plan on working it?

Vacations are bid in seniority order and if you choose a week that you have no intention of actually taking you may close that week before a junior employee who really wants to take that week off has a chance to bid on it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if I voluntarily work my vacation 9.5 doesn't apply that week? Is that the idea?

Webster's defines vacation as:

1 : a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation had a restful vacation at the beach. 2a : a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended. b : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee. 3 : a respite or a time of respite from something : intermission.