9.5 - First time filing.

undies

Utility driver here, opted in to the 9.5 list last week. They've been pretty decent at keeping my dispatch just right. This week however I went over 3 days and am on the verge of my first 9.5 grievance.

I've filed on a lot of things in the past and this one feels a bit intimidating, mostly the (larger)target it will put on my back and the meeting with the DM. What can I expect? Any tips advice? Thanks!

Utility driver here, opted in to the 9.5 list last week. They've been pretty decent at keeping my dispatch just right. This week however I went over 3 days and am on the verge of my first 9.5 grievance.

I've filed on a lot of things in the past and this one feels a bit intimidating, mostly the (larger)target it will put on my back and the meeting with the DM. What can I expect? Any tips advice? Thanks!
Expect to get an ass pounding. Stand your ground and dot your I's and cross your t's

Overpaid Union Thug

Be ready for the "You are instructed to be in and of the clock, with a full lunch, under 9.5 with no missed pieces" message to appear on your DIAD. Don't let such harassment get to you. It's intended to get you to work faster and unsafe in order to meet their unrealistic expectations. When it happens tell them (vi DIAD) to choose....missed pieces or over 9.5.

And don't let them call your cellphone for such harassment either.

If you are told to be in before a certain time then do it even if it means you'll bring back stops and let them know you will be (via DIAD).

Ask (via DIAD) if someone else will be finishing your work. Take a picture of the response. Make sure you sheet them as missed if no one will finish your work.

There is more but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm sure you'll get more responses from others though.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Expect to get an ass pounding. Stand your ground and dot your I's and cross your t's
I had to file one this am. We have a new steward, and he pulled one out for me. I filled it out, and I couldnt believe how many people were watching, in sheer horror. I enjoyed it.

They all said, Oh boy your gonna be targeted now.
I told them, you will all be targeted one day, learn now.

But they will follow you, set you up, blah blah. My answer, they do it anyway.

And thats called harrassment, and its covered in the contract. Get your book out kiddos, you are going to need it longer than me.

I wish I knew all my career....... what I know now, and YOU can, pay attention...

I had to file one this am. We have a new steward, and he pulled one out for me. I filled it out, and I couldnt believe how many people were watching, in sheer horror. I enjoyed it.

They all said, Oh boy your gonna be targeted now.
I told them, you will all be targeted one day, learn now.

But they will follow you, set you up, blah blah. My answer, they do it anyway.

And thats called harrassment, and its covered in the contract. Get your book out kiddos, you are going to need it longer than me.

I wish I knew all my career....... what I know now, and YOU can, pay attention...
Toon..been there, done that. Went all the way to the harassment hotline. Stand your ground .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Do the job the same every day.

Do not let them intimidate you into speeding up. Even if they come and follow you around.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Some of them are just bullies, and I never liked confrontation. But they made me what I am today. I hope someone learns from what they have seen happen to me. It could be them one day...time flies.......and pretty soon you arent the young pretty one any more. You are just a drag, on their up and coming work force.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Some of them are just bullies, and I never liked confrontation. But they made me what I am today. I hope someone learns from what they have seen happen to me. It could be them one day...time flies.......and pretty soon you arent the young pretty one any more. You are just a drag, on their up and coming work force.
I've still got a long time to go but if there's one thing I've learned its that 99% of the old :censored2:s at the center weren't born that way. Ups made them what they are.

Ms.PacMan

Not that easy they will set you up.

They harassed me all last year. Production rides, on area observations, salting the load with misloads, making me the scapegoat for other driver's heavy days, brought me a pal label and asked me to do a SDN for a NDA in a different location....I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

OP - you'll live thru it. Do your job and you'll be fine.

Overpaid Union Thug

They harassed me all last year. Production rides, on area observations, salting the load with misloads, making me the scapegoat for other driver's heavy days, brought me a pal label and asked me to do a SDN for a NDA in a different location....I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

OP - you'll live thru it. Do your job and you'll be fine.
Did you file on those production rides? We've been able to stop them here by doing so.