9.5 language not being honored

reginald95

I am a full time RPCD with 5 years seniority as of now.

It's our UNION stewards and UNION representatives that are saying I do not qualify.

I fall under the New England Teamsters North Eastern Supplemental which states, "Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full time package car driver."

My argument is the use of the word "or". I fit into the third stipulation, however, all our UNION people say I need to have a route to be eligible, therefore, they will not file the grievance for me or others who are tired of being the go-to help staying out til 10-11pm
as a full-time package driver.

You're union guys fail at reading comprehension. You qualify for 9-5 status based on the last criteria. Also management cannon pull you off a route that you bid on that week to no honor 9-5. File a grievance and cite this article. You will multiple fat checks once its all said and done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're union guys fail at reading comprehension. You qualify for 9-5 status based on the last criteria. Also,management cannon pull you off a route that you bid on that week to no honor 9-5. File a grievance and cite this article. You will multiple fat checks once its all said and done.

Which is worse----the inability to read or to write?