9.5 list, rules and penalty assistance

hbh

I am on the 9.5 list and violated 3 times. As a low seniority driver is there any circumstance that would prevent me from having a payable grievance?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You would think the company would ask who wants more overtime? This way, they could lighten up some of these loads.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
File that :censored2: ASAP. Management will get butt hurt and might be riding your ass for a while, be smart and don't give them any reasons to :censored2: with you.

hbh

Not filing for the pay?
I am being told that I don't have a grievance because of something to do with higher seniority drivers calling in and tcd's doing routes I I may have wanted to do. Very ambiguous and not helping me understand the 9.5 list and application of the protections i thought it should be affording me.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am being told that I don't have a grievance because of something to do with higher seniority drivers calling in and tcd's doing routes I I may have wanted to do
Who told you this?
If people are calling in that should have no effect on you having excessive work placed on you.
As they like to say "it's their company and we can't tell them how to run their business " proper staffing to cover these call ins is their problem. I must have missed that part of the contract language where that was an excuse for a 9.5 violation when I was reading the contract

hbh

Steward and BA are confusing me. Seems like it should be cut and dry. Go over 9.5hrs on 3 days during the week and you grieve for penalty for all hours over 9.5.

hbh

Who told you this?
If people are calling in that should have no effect on you having excessive work placed on you.
As they like to say "it's their company and we can't tell them how to run their business " proper staffing to cover these call ins is their problem. I must have missed that part of the contract language where that was an excuse for a 9.5 violation when I was reading the contract
That's what my position is. I do NOT have a route and am lowest seniority driver in building but got on 9.5 list because I was on a single route for a week and went over all 5 days. As floater their argument would be "we don't know where you'll be so..."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am being told that I don't have a grievance because of something to do with higher seniority drivers calling in and tcd's doing routes I I may have wanted to do. Very ambiguous and not helping me understand the 9.5 list and application of the protections i thought it should be affording me.
They are full of :censored2:.

Faceplanted

That's what my position is. I do NOT have a route and am lowest seniority driver in building but got on 9.5 list because I was on a single route for a week and went over all 5 days. As floater their argument would be "we don't know where you'll be so..."
File!!! I had to educate a couple stewards on the actual language concerning pre 4 year drivers. When I was a swinger they tried pulling that "we don't know where you'll be" bs with me. I won and got paid

hbh

File!!! I had to educate a couple stewards on the actual language concerning pre 4 year drivers. When I was a swinger they tried pulling that "we don't know where you'll be" bs with me. I won and got paid
My steward won't file without my BA's approval.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My steward won't file without my BA's approval.
From the Teamster Web site.
How should I handle complaints about my steward, business agent or local?
Most stewards, business agents and local officers work very hard to provide Teamster members with the best representation possible. But sometimes problems do occur. The best way to resolve complaints is to start as close to the problem as possible. For example, if you have a complaint about your steward, your first call should be to your business agent; if you have a problem with your business agent, you should talk to your local's principal officer.

Business agents generally cover several work sites within the same industry, so he or she will be most aware of what's going on in your workplace and will be familiar with your steward and the issues the steward is facing on a day-to-day basis. The source of your complaint may actually be management. If the business agent is unable to address your concerns, the next call should be to your local. All Teamster locals are autonomous and procedures for dealing with member issues may vary. Some locals may have a staff member assigned to resolving member problems. If that is not the case, ask to speak with your principal officer. You may want to make an appointment or set up a time when you are both free to talk about your complaint. If your local is unable to resolve the matter, you can call the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Legal Department, (202) 624-6945. Only contact the Legal Department if you have exhausted all local options..

Ask for a grievance form and fill it out. If they won't do something about work your way up the food chain

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Welcome to the teamster union ,, a lot of big talk binge posters will tell you how to correct this And How ..... regardless the 9.5 languages in our contracts are a complete joke. The company has the union in a chokehold and it's gonna get a lot worse

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
From the Teamster Web site.
How should I handle complaints about my steward, business agent or local?
Most stewards, business agents and local officers work very hard to provide Teamster members with the best representation possible. But sometimes problems do occur. The best way to resolve complaints is to start as close to the problem as possible. For example, if you have a complaint about your steward, your first call should be to your business agent; if you have a problem with your business agent, you should talk to your local's principal officer.

Business agents generally cover several work sites within the same industry, so he or she will be most aware of what's going on in your workplace and will be familiar with your steward and the issues the steward is facing on a day-to-day basis. The source of your complaint may actually be management. If the business agent is unable to address your concerns, the next call should be to your local. All Teamster locals are autonomous and procedures for dealing with member issues may vary. Some locals may have a staff member assigned to resolving member problems. If that is not the case, ask to speak with your principal officer. You may want to make an appointment or set up a time when you are both free to talk about your complaint. If your local is unable to resolve the matter, you can call the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Legal Department, (202) 624-6945. Only contact the Legal Department if you have exhausted all local options..

Ask for a grievance form and fill it out. If they won't do something about work your way up the food chain
Yeah.. it's a changin master. Be glad your not in pc