9.5 list

CAFAL

What is the 9.5 list and how does it work? We don't have this in our center. Never heard of this. Tx in advance for responses.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It guarantees that you'll be relieved of overtime if you hit 9.5 hours two days in a single week. If the company fails to relieve you, you'll get paid triple time for the time you go over. Simply put, it's one of the best ways for drivers to force the company to make more package car routes (and package car jobs).

BlackCat

UPS has this preposterous idea that everyone wants excessive overtime. Essentially what they negotiated was one free violation of every driver without any recourse.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What is the 9.5 list and how does it work? We don't have this in our center. Never heard of this. Tx in advance for responses.

it's in the national master I don't see how you wouldn't have it? Are u on a completely seperate contract?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was going to start a thread about the triple time penalty. What article is this under and how is it worded? I've mentioned this before at my center and everyone looks at me like I'm nuts.

CAFAL

it's in the national master I don't see how you wouldn't have it? Are u on a completely seperate contract?

I've heard of three days over 9.5. Not really enforced here. Our dispatches aren't overly ridiculous though. Mostly just on Mondays. Nobody really complains except for cover guys

DS

Fenderbender
I'm starting to think EVERY center has it's own contract.
The guy that said they are instructed to stay under 9.5 and sheet
the rest as missed would never happen here.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Simply put, it's one of the best ways for drivers to force the company to make more package car routes (and package car jobs).

hahahahahahaha

the company doesn't care about your 9.5 list when it comes to new drivers, they just shift that volume onto everyone else for the week

the Teamsters has made hiring new drivers such a drag to the company that they would rather have ALL OF YOU out there working 11 hour days, triple-overtime be damned

Buck Fifty

if you work 10 hr, 10 hr, 10 hr, 9.5 hr, 9 hr. Penalty pay will be 1.5 hrs at overtime rate. Which makes it triple time, because you were already paid at overtime rate on your check for the 1.5 hrs. here you are on a rolling 5 months list, excluding nov and dec. if you file and get on Oct 1, 2012, then you roll off 5/1/2012. I liked it better when you could just decide to be on it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
hahahahahahaha

the company doesn't care about your 9.5 list when it comes to new drivers, they just shift that volume onto everyone else for the week

the Teamsters has made hiring new drivers such a drag to the company that they would rather have ALL OF YOU out there working 11 hour days, triple-overtime be damned
Pile it on, I got the gravy sitting right here.

undies

Hopefully this rule will apply to utility/cover drivers who are on a different route every damn day. I've been working 55+ hours a week because every day a driver has to either be in under 9.5 and dumps the rest of his stops on me or they just put in an insanely heavy base route with over 200 stops. I like the money, but i'm dead tired by thursday.

upsman68

Hopefully this rule will apply to utility/cover drivers who are on a different route every damn day. I've been working 55+ hours a week because every day a driver has to either be in under 9.5 and dumps the rest of his stops on me or they just put in an insanely heavy base route with over 200 stops. I like the money, but i'm dead tired by thursday.

The rule in our area applies to FT drivers that don't have a route. It does not apply to TCD's and they get screwed every day

upsmann21

I'm bottom utillity and I'm on the 9.5 list. they do a good job of keeping me under 9.5 after i've worked my 2 days over 9.5. No matter how heavy the volume is in the center

undies

Well the way I've been told is that you must be on the same route for the week for the 9.5 to apply to you.

upsmann21

Nope that changed. I'm on a different route everyday and this week for example, i went over 9.5 Monday and Tuesday so the rest of the week they have to keep me under. Mgmt hates it but I hated getting screwed and working 12hr days so i got on the the list.
Well the way I've been told is that you must be on the same route for the week for the 9.5 to apply to you.

BlackCat

That is the same in my center. To make matters worse, I have seen them change loop numbers so they can say you were not on the same route all week.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There needs to be master language on this. I am sick of the supplements and all the differences between locals. That is another way of making it harder for us to know what is what.