9.5 Retaliation

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have a guy who recently went on the 9.5 list.

The Company, in it's infinite wisdom, now thinks the remedy is to push this drivers start time back 45 minutes later than the rest of the Center, while giving the next day air packages to an air driver.

I feel that this an obvious case of harassment, along with a contractual violation of Article 40 of the National Master, by manufacturing an artificial "air exception" scenario.
This driver has been delivering this air for 17 years, how can it now be an "exception" because they want to reduce his hours on the front end?

Anybody else seen the Company take this position?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

The Company, in it's infinite wisdom, now thinks the remedy is to push this drivers start time back 45 minutes later than the rest of the Center, while giving the next day air packages to an air driver.

I feel that this an obvious case of harassment, along with a contractual violation of Article 40 of the National Master, by manufacturing an artificial "air exception" scenario.
This driver has been delivering this air for 17 years, how can it now be an "exception" because they want to reduce his hours on the front end?

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U may have some insight into this. He faced some retaliation when he filed 9.5

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Looking at it from a strictly numbers view, the company is trying to increase stops per car. One way of doing so without adding more routes is adding air drivers to areas that bring down the SPOHR. If there's a driver that is costing the company money due to 9.5's, one way to resolve his time on the clock and increasing the stops per car is take the inefficient part if his day out.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

we took work off of him because he asked to be relieved of overtime...we get to make the decision on how to do that am I right?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We had managers here taking NDA savers off routes to "reduce stop counts on 9.5 employees" and giving them to the air drivers running the 10:30 stuff also. All of this to prevent reporting a ground route driver as working.

Future

Victory Ride

Few years ago...it's one of their games

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You are guaranteed 8 and don't want to work over 9.5. You are not guaranteed an early start, air jobs come and go happens every where every day. More than likely after 17 years the area has grown enough that they can justify the air driver now and the 9.5 grievance was the push that was needed to make it happen.

You are guaranteed 8 and don't want to work over 9.5. You are not guaranteed an early start, air jobs come and go happens every where every day. More than likely after 17 years the area has grown enough that they can justify the air driver now and the 9.5 grievance was the push that was needed to make it happen.
Guess you need to rebid some routes then

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Air jobs" come and go by necessity, they aren't intended to be manufactured by managers trying to circumvent the intent of the 9.5 language.

ARTICLE 40 - National Master

Section 1 - Air Drivers
(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonably performed by regular package drivers. Such work may include:

(1) Delivery of air packages which the regular delivery drivers cannot
deliver within guaranteed time commitments.

"Air jobs" come and go by necessity, they aren't intended to be manufactured by managers trying to circumvent the intent of the 9.5 language.

ARTICLE 40 - National Master

Section 1 - Air Drivers
(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonably performed by regular package drivers. Such work may include:

(1) Delivery of air packages which the regular delivery drivers cannot
deliver within guaranteed time commitments.
Wish I could give you more than one winner

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's a sour grape, dick move, by a manager who is really a facilitator.