9.5 the future?

I’ve been a full time driver for almost a year now and been working for the company for 4 years. Wanting to hear from other people that have been here for awhile now what they think is going on with this 9.5 max hours? Especially thru peak so I hear. Is this gonna be long term or short term? Personally I like the overtime. Any input is appreciated.

Brisket

I’ve been a full time driver for almost a year now and been working for the company for 4 years. Wanting to hear from other people that have been here for awhile now what they think is going on with this 9.5 max hours? Especially thru peak so I hear. Is this gonna be long term or short term? Personally I like the overtime. Any input is appreciated.

2EFBA884-749B-44F7-ADDD-A94EF68E5804.gif

DOK

I heard this too, hard to believe. If they hire enough drivers to keep us all under 9.5 this will be a disastrous financial Q4 for ups.

Wouldnt that save the company money? Making for a good Q4

No, doing more with less drivers/workers makes more money. Look at recent past peaks, when we don’t hire enough we make more money but our performance sucks. Then the next year we over hire and Wall Street hates us because we missed estimates.

If we hire a bunch of drivers and rent a bunch more than usual trucks our bottom line will suffer.

Mooseknuckle

Anybody really think that this company will hire enough people to do this? I've never seen anything like that in all my years with this company. Management is crying in my building now and the flood hasn't even started yet. Amazon will be doing more themselves than in the past though from the looks of it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Anybody really think that this company will hire enough people to do this? I've never seen anything like that in all my years with this company. Management is crying in my building now and the flood hasn't even started yet. Amazon will be doing more themselves than in the past though from the looks of it.
Everyone is taking out the pitchforks and torches too soon... give it 6 months and see what’s going on .... I would bet not many drivers will be only working 8-9 hours.....

Heavy Package

Anybody really think that this company will hire enough people to do this?

I don't think we are honestly prepared for this peak. UPS came out today and said the forecast is 800M packages for peak season, up 50M from last year.

Seasonal employees will be hard to find and even harder to keep once the smile hits the fan. It will be a rough peak season. That's my 2 cents from where my hub is now.

Mooseknuckle

I don't think we are honestly prepared for this peak. UPS came out today and said the forecast is 800M packages for peak season, up 50M from last year.

Seasonal employees will be hard to find and even harder to keep once the smile hits the fan. It will be a rough peak season. That's my 2 cents from where my hub is now.
I agree with everything you said based on all I'm seeing.