9.5 throughout Peak!!

upsdude

I was told by management that they are going to enforce the 9.5 rule all the way through peak season. Has anyone else been told this?

We did that last year, same manager says that will be the goal this year as well.

Peak 07 was probably the easiest I’ve experienced in my 22 years.

rocket man

DO your job no missed no late airs do your lunch 9 5 dont mean nothing do it right safe thats what counts. have a good holiday.

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't see that happening at my center. I had 3-10+ hour days last week and all the routes are not in yet and helpers have not started....

Last year, I consistently punched out at 1930 (start at 825).

TB

JustTired

free at last.......
If they want everybody in before or at 9.5 they would have to dispatch at an 8-8.5 day. I don't see that happening. My guess is that they know it's not going to happen. But by telling everyone that they need to call if they're not going to make it puts the burden on the driver. It's the usual attempt to get the drivers to skip lunch and breaks, take potentially dangerous shortcuts and otherwise pull a rabbit out of their hat. I suppose there is a small percentage that attempt the nearly impossible. Enough anyway that it's worth their effort each year to try it. JMO

They don't enforce the "no one over 9.5" rule any time of the year here.
Well, they od try telling us that no one is to work over 9.5, but then they give you 11 hours of work to do.

Bad Gas!

I've heard this for the last several years...but when the last 2 peak weeks get here and the volume jumps...you will hear "don't bring anything back without an attempt"......no rollovers....So, we will have to see it to believe it..

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I was told today that our helpers won't start till the first week in dec.

Helpers started in my old center over a week ago, trips are down but drivers are being used as helpers if they want. My wife said the driver that delivers to her office was training a new hire helper off the street today.

Maybe the Teamsters & Company have agreed to not use helpers until December in your area.