90 day raise.

memphis12

Hi, I've been searching around the forum/web to find this answer, but I can't seem to find a cut/dry answer. Does the 90 day raise as a loader come in after 90 working days or 90 calendar days. Also, is there a way (maybe on upsers?) i can see my official start date? Hope to get some answers. Thanks.

stoni24

Also ur benefits will start one year from hire date, no matter how many days ur laid off. Ur next big step!

memphis12

Hmmm. Well Ive been here for well over 90 calendar days and havent received a raise. I assume I should talk to my HR about this, what will likely happen in a situation such as this. Thanks for rePlies, btw.

laffter

Hmmm. Well Ive been here for well over 90 calendar days and havent received a raise. I assume I should talk to my HR about this, what will likely happen in a situation such as this. Thanks for rePlies, btw.

Monday is already here. Track down your HR guy and ask him what your hire date was. Ask him about the 90-day raise. This isn't secret information. If there is a problem with this then they will fix it. HR is typically pleasant to speak with.

memphis12

Thanks for your reply, I will do just so. My hire date was in April. Is it possible I will be reimbursed with back pay? Again, thanks for your response.

laffter

My hire date was in April. Is it possible I will be reimbursed with back pay? Again, thanks for your response.

If they can demand reimbursement for over-payment, then you should be able to receive reimbursement for under-payment. Depending on how cooperative your management "team" is, you might need to get the union involved in that process.

Are you 100% sure you never received your raise? If you are an unloader (trailers), you should be receiving 9.50/hr after 90 days. If you work a "skilled" position such as preloader, sorter, irreg train, you should be getting paid 10.50 by now.

memphis12

Yes I'm 100% positive I'm still making 8.50 an hour. I work the midnight shift, so hopefully I can catch someone in HR before my shift.

HubBub

Start date is your first day of work. You should definitely have gotten your raise (it's contractual) and are entitled to back pay (1 dollar for every hour you've worked after the 90th calender day). Talking to HR may settle things but talking to a steward about your options is probably your best first step. Going to a supervisor about it is a good way to get the run around.