A/C

cosis

How much less per hour would you all take in order to have a/c in the truck? $2/hour? $5/hour? None? Heat index hits 100+ in the summer everyday.. miserable

542thruNthru

How much less per hour would you all take in order to have a/c in the truck? $2/hour? $5/hour? None? Heat index hits 100+ in the summer everyday.. miserable

I live in California. So I don't care about you, because I'm better than you.
ImmediateBoringHawk-small.gif

Last edited:

BiggieBrown

Miserable?
You're a baby. It's not even that hot. You have giant doors on both sides of your truck that is blasting you with air. You're cruising around in a wind tunnel.
Try loading a trailer that has been baking in the sun all day and if you stop 3 seconds to drink some water some sup starts screaming at you.

Dumbo

None. I work both in -40 degree winters and 100 degree humid days. Prepare ahead of time. Freeze a gallon of water the night before, put in a cooler backpack, and you have an ice box the entire day. Make it a mission to drink water all day, make sure you take in some salt or electrolytes every once on a while, wear a hat to keep the sun out of your face, and don't wear underwear...you're golden.

Bob11B

None....just work at a slower pace and take more water breaks....I’m in the south, hot and humid as hell but not as bad as the Middle East was with 60 pounds + of gear.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It can get close to 100 in New England some days, then you get days in wintah were its -10 with 20 mph winds , let me know how you’d like walking off stops during peak with snow up to the knees and ice under it !!

Bob11B

It can get close to 100 in New England some days, then you get days in wintah were its -10 with 20 mph winds , let me know how you’d like walking off stops during peak with snow up to the knees and ice under it !!
Never, you can have the cold...I’ll take the heat any day.

rod

Retired 22 years
also if your in the north don't bother responding... you probably don't even sweat
AC? First lets work on installing good heaters for the drivers up north. If you didn't have to wear long sleeves and pants to cover your tattoos and shaved your "medical wavier" beard you would be more comfortable.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
don't wear underwear...you're golden.[/QUOTE] I have to wear underwear with the cheap crotch ripping shorts they provide.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wonder @rod if they boys down south ever spilt a coffee on the floor or shelf , and saw it freeze in about 2 minutes ??
Back when I was in an old high step P-800 I was a smoker. That truck was so drafty I would have to stop to light a cigarette. I remember many times having to use my ice scraper on the inside of the windows because there wasn't enough heat in the cab to keep the windows free of frost.