A day in the life of an Amazon Driver

swing_drv

Seen this on YouTube thought it was interesting. UPS needs to start concertrating more on business accounts. Before the Orion days, our customers use to know who their driver was and what time to expect them. That's the one thing we had over our competition. Amazon is going away sooner or later. What you think?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I work at a flex center part time for the easy extra money. They have 4 companies in that center that have a fleet of delivery vans. All 4 contracted companies are struggling to keep people. One HR lady sits in the break room 6 days a week 12 hours a day on salary trying to get people in for interviews. I talk to her she says she can't stop working so much until she finds at least 10 new hires and she gets upset because management for her company keeps firing drivers.

She asked me if wanted to and I asked her about the job. They pay a taxed 160 dollars per route that can be 9 to 12 hours depending on your performance, no health insurance and 50 dollars gets deducted twice a month for the provided equipment such as the van, GPS, and GPS mount.

Also they are contracted so I assume Amazon can decide they don't like a certain company at anytime and all those people are screwed.

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Good Lord, that looks like one shelf In a package car...257 small packages looks like a lot less volume than what we get stuck with.

specter208

I work at a flex center part time for the easy extra money. They have 4 companies in that center that have a fleet of delivery vans. All 4 contracted companies are struggling to keep people. One HR lady sits in the break room 6 days a week 12 hours a day on salary trying to get people in for interviews. I talk to her she says she can't stop working so much until she finds at least 10 new hires and she gets upset because management for her company keeps firing drivers.

She asked me if wanted to and I asked her about the job. They pay a taxed 160 dollars per route that can be 9 to 12 hours depending on your performance, no health insurance and 50 dollars gets deducted twice a month for the provided equipment such as the van, GPS, and GPS mount.

Also they are contracted so I assume Amazon can decide they don't like a certain company at anytime and all those people are screwed.
Can you imagine if UPS made us pay for THEIR equipment.

Johney

Seen this on YouTube thought it was interesting. UPS needs to start concertrating more on business accounts. Before the Orion days, our customers use to know who their driver was and what time to expect them. That's the one thing we had over our competition. Amazon is going away sooner or later. What you think?
Those days were long gone before Orion, more around the time EDD was introduced.

Zowert

I worked for one of these companies contracted by Amazon. We drove white Nissan cargo vans. During the holidays I once had a route with 302 packages over 248 stops that covered 60+ miles. Got it done in just under 12 hours.

They never charged me for using their van and GPS, that sounds ridiculous. Pay was $16/hr. The worst part of the job was pulling up a private driveway in an unmarked van without a recognizable uniform at 8 o’clock at night. I was seriously afraid of getting shot.

Box Ox

The worst part of the job was pulling up a private driveway in an unmarked van without a recognizable uniform at 8 o’clock at night. I was seriously afraid of getting shot.

That’d be some scary :censored2:. Down here in the south, you grab your gun first thing if an unidentified vehicle or person is coming up your driveway at night (especially a cargo van). Because the county sheriff’s deputies are often too far away to help you if something goes down.

Bad enough wearing the UPS uniform at night, but at least in that case you’re identifiable as long as the customer doesn’t shoot first and then see who you are. And they usually hear/see the truck.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's always funny to see the average size of a box in any vehicle outside of UPS nowadays.
Amazon knows that as long as they can get us to deliver all the heavy, big crap, and fedex can deliver most of the average volume. Somebody can be convinced to deliver the remaining easy volume for $0.50/h (after vehicle, gas, fees, vehicle insurance, health insurance for yourself) technically it is $15 but lets be real here, it's slave labor. I get paid more to load trucks than them to do everything.

Last edited: