A fair days work for a fair days pay.

Ninjasoldier

Somebody please enlighten me on how this works. To me no day of the last three months of my career has been Fair equal to MyPay. My boss likes to give me a 190 stops every day of the week. By Tuesday I'm immobilized by pain. Can't even come home and function for my family. Down to not even being able to walk after work. Yesterday they dispatched 80 more stops than was doable in the time allowed. And I will now be going to the hospital because of it. So where does this Fair day's work Fair day's pay kick in?. Way I see it I should be making at least double what I'm getting paid. I mean there's plenty of guys in my building that only do like 100 stops and go home at like 5. So is that fair to me? Literally going to go in their office Monday and tell them all to friend off

km3

Somebody please enlighten me on how this works. To me no day of the last three months of my career has been Fair equal to MyPay. My boss likes to give me a 190 stops every day of the week. By Tuesday I'm immobilized by pain. Can't even come home and function for my family. Down to not even being able to walk after work. Yesterday they dispatched 80 more stops than was doable in the time allowed. And I will now be going to the hospital because of it. So where does this Fair day's work Fair day's pay kick in?. Way I see it I should be making at least double what I'm getting paid. I mean there's plenty of guys in my building that only do like 100 stops and go home at like 5. So is that fair to me? Literally going to go in their office Monday and tell them all to friend off

It means they can't harass you for performance/results when you're doing the best as safely as you can.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It means they can't harass you for performance/results when you're doing the best as safely as you can.

No it don't.

They can harass you all day long if they so choose---you need to decide how best to handle the harassment.

Work at a safe pace, file for 9.5 protection and let the chips fall where they may.

Ninjasoldier

Our building is trying to sneakily eliminate the 9.5 list. They tell all the newer guys it doesn't exist, and the only way to get your name on it is ask the boss who is :censored2:ing u to begin with so itll just cause more drama.

km3

Our building is trying to sneakily eliminate the 9.5 list. They tell all the newer guys it doesn't exist, and the only way to get your name on it is ask the boss who is :censored2:ing u to begin with so itll just cause more drama.

That's what they do, unfortunately. Call your union hall.

Do you have enough time in to get on the 9.5 list?

Indecisi0n

You problem is you let them intimidate you. You might laugh at that and say I'm crazy but I assure you I am not, at least outside of the bedroom.

If they give you more work then you stay out later. I am not saying slow down, I am saying go at a safe pace. If you are only ever going at one pace then they will soon understand the more work we give you the later you will stay out. After a while of this and you filing 9.5's they will then understand.

Most people say but I want to see my family. Guess what? Make a decision, be a runner and kill your body to see your family or stay out late and file. There is no in between. Don't like it then find a new job.

km3

No it don't.

They can harass you all day long if they so choose---you need to decide how best to handle the harassment.

Work at a safe pace, file for 9.5 protection and let the chips fall where they may.

According to the very same provision of the contract, they can't. Point is, circumstances change from day to day. In my job specifically I may finish very early one day, and be able to help someone out. The next day circumstances could cause me to finish very late. And there's nothing they can do about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You problem is you let them intimidate you. You might laugh at that and say I'm crazy but I assure you I am not, at least outside of the bedroom.

If they give you more work then you stay out later. I am not saying slow down, I am saying go at a safe pace. If you are only ever going at one pace then they will soon understand the more work we give you the later you will stay out. After a while of this and you filing 9.5's they will then understand.

Most people say but I want to see my family. Guess what? Make a decision, be a runner and kill your body to see your family or stay out late and file. There is no in between. Don't like it then find a new job.

You know, when you are not posting sexual innuendo, you actually have something to add to the discussion.

Excellent advice.

clean hairy

Just a bit more background if you would.
Are you a new driver trying to make book, or just made book?
You take your lunch and breaks each day?
Do you run as if you are in a race to get stops done?
They could give you 500 stops and tell you to be done in 9 hours, does not mean you are fired if you do not get it done.
It sounds as though you are killing yourself to meet the fairy tale numbers they are giving you.
Follow the advice the others have given you, and do not worry about the made up numbers.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Thank you for using paragraphs.....well said.

battym

work at a safe pace..if 190 stops forces you to go to the hospital,what's gonna happen during peak? we're being over dispatched as well,but id personally rather stay out later then hurt myself

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Slow down chump. Can only do what you can do. Sounds to me like you are out of shape? How dumpy are you? We can work 14 hour days without blinking, we do it every peak.

Cementups

Box Monkey
@clean hairy is right. We need some more info.

If you're a top rate driver and you think you are underpaid you have a serious issue. We are very well compensated for what we do. Some may even say overpaid. Getting paid $75-100k to deliver packages is very good considering some people go to school for 4 years and make half what we do and have to pay for their benefits (if they have any) on top of that, where as our benefits are included in our compensation package with nothing out of pocket aside from copays.

Slow down, follow the methods and work safely and you can enjoy a nice long healthy career here. And file grievances when need be. Don't let them intimidate you and lie to you and tell you it can't be done. There's no point in us having a contract if you don't make them follow it.