A Few Questions

Hello, I am a loader and I have a few questions:
  1. When UPS says I receive health benefits after a year, do they mean a year from my hire date (1 full calendar year including weekends), or 365 working days (assuming no leap year)?
  2. How do I obtain a copy of my contract? I would like to understand the full extent of my rights on the job and from the research I have done, I get conflicting information. For example, I see some people saying "RTS" is meaningless and others insisting "RTS" on every document given by management.
  3. I know that I should be keeping records of my hours worked, but what other things should I be documenting and how?
  4. Are missed salts weighted more severely than normal misloads?
Thank you for your time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ask your Union Steward to get you a copy. Hey Gumby--sometimes going to a Union meeting isn't as easy as it sounds. My Union Hall was 130 miles away and the meetings were on Thursday at 6:30 so I only went during contract time when they would have special meetings on the weekends.

Ask your Union Steward to get you a copy. Hey Gumby--sometimes going to a Union meeting isn't as easy as it sounds. My Union hall was 130 miles away and the meetings were on Thursday at 6:30 so I only went during contract time when they would have special meetings on the weekends.
Ours are always in a Sunday. We also have parking lot meetings

Indecisi0n

Ask your Union Steward to get you a copy. Hey Gumby--sometimes going to a Union meeting isn't as easy as it sounds. My Union hall was 130 miles away and the meetings were on Thursday at 6:30 so I only went during contract time when they would have special meetings on the weekends.
8 hour request.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You weren't really welcome anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
8 hour request.

I'm talking about back when you could request an 8 hour day and all you would get would be laughed at. An early off request would be suicide. All that would get you would be extra work because they knew you wanted off early. You all have it made now days with guaranteed 8 hour requests and 9.5 lists.