A few things for today

satellitedriver

We continued the same Christmas Eve traditions in my Hub this morning. They sent all the closed and hold packages down my belt in the middle of the Preload Sort. Once again, there was no one or no place for thousands of boxes to go. Belt got buried as usual. That and late air had us leaving at 9:30. They did tell us to deliver all air on trace though. I delivered all my early commits on time anyway, I still believe in service. Light day, 201 stops and 100 miles. Clocked out at 5:30, Peak number 34 is over for me.
Scratch is the man.
No joke.
Try it youngin's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had NDA from yesterday (Tuesday) that had not been processed and NDA from today (Wednesday) that was not due in until noon so they let us leave early (8:45) and deliver what we could and then come back to bldg and P/U late air and start over again. 206 stops. Kept my helper all day and took him to Pizza Hut on the clock. Punched out at 1600 with every pkg delivered (had to be creative on a few stops). Off until either 1/2 or 1/5.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
170 stops and my helper was good till the last drop. Was met at about 1330 with more NDA, LOL, only 3 additional stops, and 2 of the stops were in the plaza we did air meet. Helper ran and got food as I sorted, we ate on the fly. It's over, ahhhh!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
170 stops and my helper was good till the last drop. Was met at about 1330 with more NDA, LOL, only 3 additional stops, and 2 of the stops were in the plaza we did air meet. Helper ran and got food as I sorted, we ate on the fly. It's over, ahhhh!
DOES MRS. Steve know of this ''so called'' helper !!!!!!!

BigBrownSanta

She looks in better shape than you. Steve Steve Steve. Must be nice to deliver in the warmth.

I have to agree with that. Looks like she's ready to del another 170.:happy2:

Well, yesterday started out with late air (the only day air was late all peak). Left the building 1 hour later than usual and had mega air to del. Picked up my helper at 11 and finished my air and started ground. At 12, I broke off and started delivering resi's. At 1, started delivering businesses again, but many had closed at noon for Christmas. I had alot of CLH's. Finished delivering about 4 and was in and off the clock by 5.

Overall, not a bad day at all, but, I'm glad it's over.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Who is taking the picture?

The receiving clerk at Barnes N Noble; Really nice lady, gave me a CheeseCake Factory cheesecake for Christmas,. Yummy, too bad I'm watching my fat intake. Gave up ice cream about 2 1/2 months ago and my cholesterol level dropped 15 points.

She looks in better shape than you. Steve Steve Steve. Must be nice to deliver in the warmth.

Ahhhhhh, it sure is. I'll take a picture of myself in midsummer, then you'll know the downside.

DOES MRS. Steve know of this ''so called'' helper !!!!!!!

When I told her about my 19 year old helper, she was a bit concerned. I told her there's nothing to worry about and injected a couple of comments about summer, vacation, Maine, and she never said anything about it again.:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our peak has only just begun. We have over 50,000 undelivered Christmas gifts jammed into every retain trailer in our building, plus a week-long backlog of trailers that sat in Hermiston and Seattle when the highways were closed. We will probably have to work this weekend, and it could be well into January before we finally get the mess cleaned up. This has been the most challenging peak season of my 22 year career.

diesel96

Hate to come across as pretentious, but would you believe UPS made some of us Feeder drivers wait at PBI airport for three hours while getting paid to sleep, waiting for your airs from Ft.Pierce/Stuart, WPB, Deerfield to Lauderdale bldg. Say hello to Pedro.....the preload sup. at Stuart.

Feel for ya Sober...try to recharge your batteries over New Years break, so we can start this rat race all over again.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Pox on you for your dry pavement!

Its a good thing you didn't mis-spell "sorted" with "snorted"!

Big Babooba

Where's your bags of sand? Where's your tire chains? Snow brush/ice scraper? Shovel? Shorts!!!!!- You gotta be kidding! :surprised:(BTW, nice legs....NO NOT YOU STEVE!!!)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Well you might be done...and you might have had a smooth peak...and you certainly are enjoying the nice weather and getting to wear shorts....but at least I am freezing my butt off in a P-700 with power steering and a comfy seat!

Big Babooba

Another song parody. Please forgive me, but I had to post it.

It’s the most miserable time of the year
There are boxes and tubes
Envelopes and bags
Jammed up my rear

The Angels do hark
Because the bosses all bark
And it rings in my ears
It’s the most miserable time of the Year

The boss man is pissed