A grain of salt...?

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Just wondering, when someone posts a thread and asks for advice and you give advice but it is not acknowledged, should you just "take it with a grain of salt" or consider it a personal conflict? What if you get positive feedback from other posters on the same thread, but the OP doesn't even give you a "hey" for taking the time to at least give your opinion? Does that mean your advice is good but the OP just doesn't value your opinion? Just wondering what the proper etiquette is.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just wondering, when someone posts a thread and asks for advice and you give advice but it is not acknowledged, should you just "take it with a grain of salt" or consider it a personal conflict?
If it is Tieguy. consider it as full agreement. If he disagrees even just a little you will hear about it.
If it is UpState and he does not correct yoour spelling or grammer, you did good.
If it is drewed ... wait a minute, he replies to every post.
If it is Cochise and you got no reply, just consider yourself lucky.
If it is STUG then that means he did not have a relevant picture to post.
If it is Helen, then it means the Karma was not right.
If it was Dizzie, he did not have an Avatar for you.
If it is Over9five, you may as well stop reading, because you have just gotten the BEST advice! Might as well close the thread.
If it is rod, just ignore him. Everyone else does.
Sorry if I left somebody else out.

What if you get positive feedback from other posters on the same thread, but the OP doesn't even give you a "hey" for taking the time to at least give your opinion?
With some threads getting 400 posts or more, that's understandable.
Try private message if you're looking for a reply.

Does that mean your advice is good but the OP just doesn't value your opinion?
Could be either one or could be they are just lazy.

Just wondering what the proper etiquette is.
Not aware of any.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
If it is Over9five, you may stop reading, because you have just gotten the BEST advice! Might as well close the thread.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you are talking about Rods advise just ignore it. I'm used to being ignored. Everyone from my old bosses down to my wife and kids have ignored me all my life. :wink2:

Bad Gas!

Most times the only reason I log on is to read Hoax's posts. You can at least count on Hoax to reply and usually you learn something from it.

Don't give Hoax that much credit.He's here to entertain as well..So his answers lean toward funny!...Not always sound advice..

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't give Hoax that much credit.He's here to entertain as well..So his answers lean toward funny!...Not always sound advice..

To entertain --- definitely myself and hopefully you. Although some people don't realize I'm "funning" and get all huffy. I find that funny too. :wink2:

Advise ... maybe. I try to give a perspective more than advise ... up to you to take it in as input and formulate your own concepts. I don't like giving advise that much. I like to talk about it, relate my experiences and let the other person use their judgment.

I tend to get serious or confrontational only when I see someone who is telling us it is raining while they're just pissing in our ear.

And by the way BG, you stink!

Last edited:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
To entertain --- definitely myself and hopefully you. Although some people don't realize I'm "funning" and get all huffy. I find that funny too. :wink2:

Advise ... maybe. I try to give a perspective more than advise ... up to you to take it in as input and formulate your own concepts. I don't like giving advise that much. I like to talk about it, relate my experiences and let the other person use their judgment.

I tend to get serious or confrontational only when I see someone who is telling us it is raining while they're just pissing in our ear.

LOL. Exactly what I meant.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSNewbie

What gives with the personal attacks against you recently, Hoax?

They are amusing, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What gives with the personal attacks against you recently, Hoax?

They are amusing, however.

Don't know but I pretty much find them amusing as well.

I know braveheart got his panties all in a wad about me but I was laughing the whole time. (see Lenexa Feeder Manager Rollaway thread)

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
OK, I just had an epiphany. The guy I was talking about realizes that I am just a HOSS and any good package car driver doesn't consider us their equals, (no offense meant to those of you that actually have a level head). So our opinion is invalid and not worthy of a response. He would be the same type that wouldn't acknowledge a "Good morning" greeting when he is walking in and I am walking out. I don't know how many package drivers we have, maybe 200, but about 3 of them will talk to feeder drivers they don't know. Sorry it took me so long to figure this one out.