A job at UPS or at a fast food place?

Jorge2k11

Hello, I will start working for UPS on Monday either as a loader/un-loader. Ive read so many posts on here telling others to just head out the door and turn away from this job due to the work expected out of you for the little pay. I worked at a fast food place for 2 years that started at $7.25 and left getting paid at $7.50. I consider UPS an upgrade getting started at $8.50. I dont mind getting sweaty and working my butt off. Im a 20 year old college student who would rather be dealing with hard work moving boxes than serving people food. Would you guys rather be working at a fast food joint or working for UPS? Opinions anybody?

Nimnim

The Nim
I hated food service myself. I don't mind providing a service to a customer, but when it comes to food it's almost as bad as tech support(which I also did). If you don't intend to make a career out of UPS then there's really no reason not to if you'd be making more than working fast food. UPS also offers tuition reimbursement, but apparently not in all areas for the PT work force. The information is on the upsers site so when you're given the info to get on there look into it.

bbsam

Staff member
I loaded feeders in college and worked food service part time as well. I loved the loading job and made great friends at the restaurant. In fact, 3 out of 5 of my groomsmen in my wedding were from the restaurant. Long story short, it will be what you make of it.

Jorge2k11

I was actually great with customers. Rude customers wouldn't bother me I always kept my composure. The job was just a straight-up dead end job. Point is I just wanted out the fast food industry. I do plan to be with UPS for a couple years, my area does offer tuition reimbursement which is something im looking forward too. UPS, aside from all the negativity ive heard still seems like a better place to work. Thanks guys!