A lesson for the younger generation

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw a mortgage foreclosure notice in the paper the other day that stated that a friend of mines house was being foreclosed on. This is a 30 year retired UPS driver who we all knew never saved a dime over the years. He didn't contribute to any Thrift Plan or 401K or any savings program, but he always had a top of the line NEW pick-up and a fancy boat and took out a $235,000 loan on his house 8 years ago. The notice in the paper said he owes $268,000 on it now. Just how dumb can a person be. I refuse to feel sorry for him. He has been married 3 times and is in the process of getting a divorce again. Please let this be a lesson to the younger generation. Save for your retirement and stay out of deep debt.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I saw a mortgage foreclosure notice in the paper the other day that stated that a friend of mines house was being foreclosed on. This is a 30 year retired UPS driver who we all knew never saved a dime over the years. He didn't contribute to any Thrift Plan or 401K or any savings program, but he always had a top of the line NEW pick-up and a fancy boat and took out a $235,000 loan on his house 8 years ago. The notice in the paper said he owes $268,000 on it now. Just how dumb can a person be. I refuse to feel sorry for him. He has been married 3 times and is in the process of getting a divorce again. Please let this be a lesson to the younger generation. Save for your retirement and stay out of deep debt.

Either that, or marry for money!