A Life Do-Over

old levi's

blank space
Who would consider a life do-over, but only under these conditions:

• You would start again at age 10.
  • There would be no memory of your previous life. (the one right now as you read this)
  • There would be no guarantee that any events from age 10 onward would be the same as the first time around.

So to summarize: You would get a new life, but you would not realize it was a new life. You would not have any knowledge or experience from your first life to guide you with important decisions. There would be no guarantees. None.

Who would be willing to roll the giant dice? snake eyes.jpg
snake eyes.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
No way!!! If I keeled over this second at the keyboard I would have died a happy man. I have done things and been places and met people who I could never expect to duplicate if I lived 10 times over again.

over9five

Staff member
I'd do it only if I could keep my present knowledge of things to come.

Otherwise (being stupid), I don't think there'd be any difference.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I'll go with Cypher's "reboot" point of view on this topic.

[video=youtube;Z7BuQFUhsRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BuQFUhsRM[/video]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I had not met my wife I might consider it, but there's no way I would risk living a life without her. So no.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would. Ive had a great life, and I could have it again. I was meant to be with who I am so I still would be. I knew that when I was 20. hes the one who didnt figure it out til we were almost 40. It would be another wild ride I would welcome. I could meet more fantastic people, and have more wonderful times. yes I would.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would. Ive had a great life, and I could have it again. I was meant to be with who I am so I still would be. I knew that when I was 20. hes the one who didnt figure it out til we were almost 40. It would be another wild ride I would welcome. I could meet more fantastic people, and have more wonderful times. yes I would.

That's funny. That's the exact opposite of why I would not do it again. I know what I have been through the 1st time. I know where I am at now. I do not what to go through, again, what I have already been through.

Maybe this should be part of the question.

satellitedriver

Hell yes.
I would love to be 10yrs old again.
The only caveat I would ask for is let me make the final decision 10 seconds before I die from this wonderful life I have had.

P

pickup

Who would consider a life do-over, but only under these conditions:

• You would start again at age 10.
  • There would be no memory of your previous life. (the one right now as you read this)
  • There would be no guarantee that any events from age 10 onward would be the same as the first time around.

So to summarize: You would get a new life, but you would not realize it was a new life. You would not have any knowledge or experience from your first life to guide you with important decisions. There would be no guarantees. None.

Who would be willing to roll the giant dice? View attachment 6637

if you change the first condition to "you would start again at age 0" and keep the other ones, then you would have basically (close enough) described a process known as reincarnation.

10 is sort of an arbitrary number, don't you think?

raceanoncr

Don't think I would. Have had many things I'd like to do over or, more correctly, DO RIGHT, but, all in all, have had pretty good life.

Have done almost everything I've ever wanted to do. Well, my list wasn't that extensive but I'm happy with it.

Had good son
Many hot rods
Drag Raced almost anything there is.
Loved lots o chicks.
Had good, but, at times, aggrevating employment that let me retire.
Got all things paid for.
Got, now, wonderful lady that's a working machine.

Don't know if I'd be any smarter another time around.

curiousbrain

I would roll the dice - not because of any real reason, or some profound unhappiness with my current life, but just because I enjoy life and the events that comprise it. Even bad events, when I cannot see my way out of it, are, in hindsight, enjoyable - if for no other reason than it gives perspective. A philosophy I have on life is that good events or bad events are just events - there is no true significance to anything, except in what it means to ourselves and other people; for some, that may seem troubling, but I find the simplicity and Taoist nature comforting.

If given the chance to live another life, I would like to remember what I've learned in this life so far - but, if I couldn't, then, well, such is life (haha, get it?).

Obviously, I'm still young, though; so maybe if/when I settle down, have kids, and build that white picket fence, I may see things differently.