a little known fact

ex fed exer

at one time, the board of directors demoted c.e.o. Fred S and replaced him with a retired brigadier general, that's a one star general to all you non military people. how he got back is anyones guess.

how incompetent do you have to be, to be replaced in your own company? next time your manager is giving you static about being a "good little asset", remind him of c.e.o Fred S.

there is a book called overnight success, the unauthorized biography of Fred S, he does not want you to know about his short comings, amazon.com $12.57 new, that explains everything from his grandfather, father, and smith's driving recored, from running over a pedestrian, killing his best friend in a car accident, to being caught commenting forgery. ask his sister about Fred S's integrety.

it gives you a good hard look about the man who so-called created fed ex, yet you do all the work and make all the profit.

you built the company for Fred S, now it's time you build something for yourself. vote union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...replaced him with a retired brigadier general, that's a one star general to all you non military people...

The military also has acronyms and uses little sayings to remember them. I was taught to remember the different general rankings with the phrase "be my little general" (Brigadier, Major, Lieutenant and General---1, 2, 3 and 4 stars, respectively)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
at one time, the board of directors demoted c.e.o. Fred S and replaced him with a retired brigadier general, that's a one star general to all you non military people. how he got back is anyones guess.

how incompetent do you have to be, to be replaced in your own company? next time your manager is giving you static about being a "good little asset", remind him of c.e.o Fred S.

there is a book called overnight success, the unauthorized biography of Fred S, he does not want you to know about his short comings, amazon.com $12.57 new, that explains everything from his grandfather, father, and smith's driving recored, from running over a pedestrian, killing his best friend in a car accident, to being caught commenting forgery. ask his sister about Fred S's integrety.

it gives you a good hard look about the man who so-called created fed ex, yet you do all the work and make all the profit.

you built the company for Fred S, now it's time you build something for yourself. vote union.

I knew about swindling his sisters, the DUI death of the pedestrian etc. I did not know about killing his best friend or the demotion. I'm going to GET this book!! Just more evidence that our beloved Fred isn't exactly the paragon of virtue that his little butt-sniffing admirers think he is. FRED IS NOT YOUR BUDDY!! What more proof do you need, anyway?

OK, quadro, please get on here and question the authenticity of the book, all the "good" things Freddie has done, and on and on. exfedexer is right. This A-hole deserves a union more than any other person I can think of.

DS

Fenderbender
This book sounds like a good read for anyone interested in how Fedex got started,I may pick it up to read on my vacation.
I found this review on amazon.com
From Library Journal
When the business world's future leaders need more inspiration, consolation, or good advice than magazine articles can provide, there is finally a place for them to turn: this captivating history of Federal Express and its dynamic founder, Fred S. Trimble, the author of a previous business biography ( Sam Walton , LJ 9/15/90), will have would-be CEOs turning pages in every airport in the country with his short, action-filled scenes, extensive quotes from lords of corporate finance, and willingness to delve systematically into the considerable dirt surrounding Smith's personal and professional life, which includes divorce, death, naivete, a hunger for power, and a penchant for dumping used-up friends. His book does not teach readers how to be transportation moguls, but it does spotlight just how exciting and expensive the flight to success can be. Strongly recommended.
- Kenneth M. Locke, Radford, Va.
Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc.

bbsam

Staff member
Looks like it's been out there for a long time. Maybe the reason it's little known is because people simply don't care.

FedExer267

Maybe they would care if we got the word out how we are treated. Maybe they would care if they learned the Ground / Home delivery driver that shows up to their door is a drain to the economy. Raise Taxes cuz your delivery drivers need more food stamps and need medical coverage, because even though the look like a fed ex driver they are nothing more than a 3rd party. Maybe now you understand when your on the toilet and I come to your door for a signature required and I drive off because you dont answer, the first thing you do is call FedEx they call me or just give you my number and I tell you sorry I am not coming back. You scream to high heaven. If I was paid by the hour with OT I would go back no problem however when a job pays you for a 8 hour day that is what your gonna get from me because anything over 8 is less a hour or my own personal time. So pretty much every driver works 2 to 3 hours a day for free for a paycheck of 550.00 a week do the math its sad. Thats why I get 850 in food stamps a month to feed my kids. Which you are paying for so for that I say thank you. Meanwhile Smith and his cronies get richer and richer and throw everyone else under the bus. They are not the ones building this company its off the sweat blood and tears of everyone of us. Whats our reward Smith doing his best to destroy the middle class. Keep it up Fred and I dont want to hear you complain when you have to start paying your fair share of taxes because you have destroyed the rest of us. Makes you wanna get out of bed in the morning and go to work

FedExer267

You, 267 need to work on your pronouns and start taking some ownership of your situation.

Hey bbsam if I new I was in a pronoun contest I would take a little more time. Just to make you happy. However it is hard to get a word in on here with the little ones running around. You know how it is they always need you for something...:happy-very:

FedExer267

the truth hurts. 267 tells you the truth and republican/Fred S (BBSAM) does not want to hear it.

Which is why when you say something he dosen't want to hear your pronouns and spelling are the typical comeback. I know it isn't the first time he has told me to take ownership of my situation. I would love to take ownership of my situation and be a productive member on society but when you work for a Contractor how do you do that. I could quit but who is hiring my only hope is I get called back to my UNION job soon. Which I am waiting patiently for. I find it ridiculous that we all bust are butts on a daily basis and get nothing in return. Yes we get a paycheck but when you work for a living and your job is growing a billion dollar company by being the frontline employees that customers deal with on a daily basis, Where is the reward? Your typical response is you get a check. I am doing what I need to do to support my family. Yes its sad that I work 55 hours a week and qualify for Food Stamps, Cash Aid, and Medical through the State. Its not right.. If we work that much we should be productive members of society and not a drain to our cities and States. Its funny when I have to go in and see my case worker, I am sitting in the building with everyone else all dressed in my FedEx gear and people look at me with disbelief. My case worker had a very hard time believing me til I brought him pay checks he was dumbfounded thats how FedEx Ground operates. Simple truth we make them richer and they crap on us because to Corporate America we are nothing more than mules.

You, 267 need to work on your pronouns and start taking some ownership of your situation.

bbsam hits the nail on the head.

We are each responsible for our own choices. If 267 is unable to provide for his family in his current situation; be it at FXG or anywhere else; it is nobody's fault but his/her own. Becoming government-dependent is not a solution, but an admission that you lack the drive to adequately provide for yourself and your family.

I haven't gotten rich at FXG, but it has given me the opportunity to be rewarded for my own hard work and initiative. I turned down an opportunity to go to work for Big Brown in 2005, and I don't regret staying at FXG.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey bbsam if I new I was in a pronoun contest I would take a little more time. Just to make you happy. However it is hard to get a word in on here with the little ones running around. You know how it is they always need you for something...:happy-very:
Yes. Yes I most certainly do.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama in this discussion is irrelevant.
But the example is not. People simply don't care what the truth is. If they don't care about the truth with Obama, do you think they give a crap if Fred S is a slimy piece of crotch rot?

FedExer267

We are each responsible for our own choices. If 267 is unable to provide for his family in his current situation; be it at FXG or anywhere else; it is nobody's fault but his/her own. Becoming government-dependent is not a solution, but an admission that you lack the drive to adequately provide for yourself and your family.
Welcome to browncafe!!! I take full responsibility for my descision not to sit on my butt when I was laid off and get a job. I am not asking to be rich however fair day wage for fair days work would be nice. Benefits, vacation, OT, holiday would be nice too. Now before you attack me for not providing for my family let me fill you in 70 hours a week is all we are able to work under DOT rules that includes having a second job at Pizza hut. Then their is daycare for my kids and night care as well, which my weekly paycheck could not cover. You see I dont have the option of a wife at home because mine passed. If I have to get Food Stamps, Cash Aid and medical through the state for them to be taken care of than as a Father and a man I do what I have to do.
Their is no lack and drive in me what so ever buddy. I bust my butt everyday to get a job done. I then come home and take care of my family because thats what a man does. The Truth is we work for a scam where we cant provide and be productive members of society. Billion dollar company that uses people to make themselves richer with no rewards to the people that put that money in their pocket.
I will be government dependent til work opens up in what I used to do. I am not the one destroying the middle class by being dependent on help that would be Corporate America and their lack of appreeciation for what the little guys do everyday for them.
bbsam has his opinion you have yours and I have mine and like I said welcome to BC

Welcome to browncafe!!! I take full responsibility for my descision not to sit on my butt when I was laid off and get a job. I am not asking to be rich however fair day wage for fair days work would be nice. Benefits, vacation, OT, holiday would be nice too. Now before you attack me for not providing for my family let me fill you in 70 hours a week is all we are able to work under DOT rules that includes having a second job at Pizza hut. Then their is daycare for my kids and night care as well, which my weekly paycheck could not cover. You see I dont have the option of a wife at home because mine passed. If I have to get Food Stamps, Cash Aid and medical through the state for them to be taken care of than as a Father and a man I do what I have to do.
Their is no lack and drive in me what so ever buddy. I bust my butt everyday to get a job done. I then come home and take care of my family because thats what a man does. The Truth is we work for a scam where we cant provide and be productive members of society. Billion dollar company that uses people to make themselves richer with no rewards to the people that put that money in their pocket.
I will be government dependent til work opens up in what I used to do. I am not the one destroying the middle class by being dependent on help that would be Corporate America and their lack of appreeciation for what the little guys do everyday for them.
bbsam has his opinion you have yours and I have mine and like I said welcome to BC

I made a generalized statement without fully understanding your situation. I humbly apologize.

It has to be difficult raising children on your own, and you've got my respect for your initiative.

Are you a contractor or a driver?

BTW, thanks for the welcome!