A lot of talk but...

bowhnterdon

Just my two cents. I do not see anything different than the past several contracts, except this will most likely be voted down mainly because of the involvement of social media. What will be the same is, work under the old agreement until enough people finally say friend it, give me Retro Junior and DT will never call a strike . I believe some of these folks were kicked off because they made too much noise about what is going on behind closed doors

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
For most it ultimately comes down to the money: wages, pension, and healthcare. Take care of those 3 things and the contract will pass.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Just my two cents. I do not see anything different than the past several contracts, except this will most likely be voted down mainly because of the involvement of social media. What will be the same is, work under the old agreement until enough people finally say friend it, give me Retro Junior and DT will never call a strike . I believe some of these folks were kicked off because they made too much noise about what is going on behind closed doors

For most it ultimately comes down to the money: wages, pension, and healthcare. Take care of those 3 things and the contract will pass.
First guy, are you saying we will get $8.90 in wage, H&W over 5 years?

Second guy, although I agree with you on health and pension, I believe that this contract is more to do about working conditions than it is about money.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Second guy, although I agree with you on health and pension, I believe that this contract is more to do about working conditions than it is about money.
I think a lot of people are upset about the working conditions but the majority will vote with their wallets. We'll see though.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I believe some of these folks were kicked off because they made too much noise about what is going on behind closed doors

When you are serving in an appointed position on a committee, you follow the rules

or you're not part of it anymore.... and that's exactly what happened. Real simple.

And, how would they know (if anything) is happening "behind closed doors" ?

Truth be told, they are afraid of their own members and are using the situation to look like

martyrs, for their own political gain and survival.

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

I think a lot of people are upset about the working conditions but the majority will vote with their wallets. We'll see though.
I'm the totally opposite. I'd rather have less money and be treated like a human being. That's why i am ready to walk the line and work on my tan.

opie

How likely will this contract get voted down? Last one barely passed by 4,000 votes, and there was less upheavel then compared to now.

Indecisi0n

You're in feeders now brah. Soon all that mistreatment and harassment will seem like a bad dream.
Yup I have already experienced it and am ready to move on. I'll still continue to fight for the package car guys because I know first hand how miserable all those games can make you feel. We all stand together.

bowhnterdon

I know it a last resort.I was hired in ‘83,been a Shop Steward for 23 years,I just don’t think it is a plan B,C or part of any plan.UPS knows Hoffa just ain’t going to do it

bowhnterdon

Of course not,have they told you different? Just my opinion.You think he will if it comes down to it? Hell I would not be surprised if it was forced on us. Yeah I know everyone says they can’t .Not so sure myself

BigBrown1234

4D0B66C3-36EF-4F47-B6B4-603B95997334.jpeg
When you are serving in an appointed position on a committee, you follow the rules

or you're not part of it anymore.... and that's exactly what happened. Real simple.

And, how would they know (if anything) is happening "behind closed doors" ?

Truth be told, they are afraid of their own members and are using the situation to look like

martyrs, for their own political gain and survival.

-Bug-

Said like a true Poet