A.M. Air vs. P.M. Air - "Which shift do you prefer and why?" - (On topic)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Am ..cons, there is always morning traffic to deal with .
PM..pro, After 6pm most of the roads are empty of traffic , downtown areas have plenty of parking spots .

PT Car Washer

I vacation cover for both AM and PM Air runs. Doing a PM route next week that is cut down to about 2 hours. AM is more stressful but have more opportunities for extra hours with running misloads or shuttling oversize boxes out to the drivers. Some weeks I cover for both an AM driver and later a PM driver.

opie

In the AM you usually just do early AM delveries and that's it. After you are done with EAM deliveries, extra work like shuttling packages or delivering airs goes by senority. There's more pressure, and it's probably gonna be different stops/areas everyday...PM air is going to be the same pickup stops everyday. With the occasional delivery, shutting package(s) or on demand air pickup. It's less stressful, but you do need to be back on time, so your airs can get on the plane. In my building, you can get more hours on PM than AM. Though it is harder to get a PM spot, as it is typically a 22.3 FT job. Plus not as many drivers. AM there always seems to be a need for drivers.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I vacation cover for both AM and PM Air runs. Doing a PM route next week that is cut down to about 2 hours. AM is more stressful but have more opportunities for extra hours with running misloads or shuttling oversize boxes out to the drivers. Some weeks I cover for both an AM driver and later a PM driver.
Wow, I don't think I worked less than 7 hours when I did PM air. They always called me in early at 2-3 pm and worked till 1030 pm.