A new sub forum for Fedex ground..

fedupped

I think it would be great to divide the Fedex forum between Express and Ground. As we all know Fedex Ground is overtaking express in volume and profit. As our new moderator has informed us numerous times, they handled their side of peak with the professional expertise that Express and UPS could not. This cannot be argued. Their contractors and subordinates seem satisfied with their pay and benefits. They obviously do not need to waste any time sifting through our problems. This would be a good time to separate the Fedex forum into sub forums just as Fedex has separated the operations...Ground, and Express. Maybe we could unburden ourselves from the silly back and forth arguments and get into some realistic solutions. I had a mgr recently walk up and ask snidely how the forum was going. Of course I gave him a question mark look. What do you all think.

bumped

The Ground employee on my UPS route would not take some peoples Ground packages the week before Christmas. These customers ship both UPS and Fed Ex. The Ground just kept piling up every day. The dock manager told me that Fed Ex came in and tried to get all the volume. He said if Fed Ex won't pick up the less important packages of his there is no way he was going to let Fed Ex take the packages that's important.

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's a silly idea. People are free to move through all forums around here and a sub forum wouldn't change that one bit. I think what you are looking for is your own exclusive chat room. MFE had considered something along these lines a while back. I think he found the obstacles to be formidable.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think it's a silly idea. People are free to move through all forums around here and a sub forum wouldn't change that one bit. I think what you are looking for is your own exclusive chat room. MFE had considered something along these lines a while back. I think he found the obstacles to be formidable.
But then why do we have a FedEx sub forum?

fedupped

Dude, whats important is profit. Doesn't matter. Can we get back to the question at hand. Separation of Ground and Express forums for the good of the site. Let that sssam guy do his thing on the better , more profitable, efficient, professional ground side of the forum. And have a separate side for the Express ops to try and figure out our dilemma without the derogatory back and forth which is driving away legitimate posters. We cant argue with Fedex grounds astounding success anymore. They are too good. So, lets move on and work on our own deficiencies. Union organization etc.

fedupped

Ok, well..I'm done...dont need the hassle from a supposedly anonymous site.

fedupped

Compromise...you could adapt a separate screen name, say "BSsam" for the separate forums. Kind of a good cop bad cop thing?

bbsam

Staff member
incognito, you could hide it from everyone, subhumanordinates, family, etc..anyway, I'm gone,.. for awhile, till i quit seeing those unmarked cars sitting across the street.
if you are serious, turn the system completely off. It won't keep prying eyes out but it might make you feel better.