A No vote with some guts.......

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
All I know is the managers are going overload abusive on me and others. I guess they are just getting it out of their system now!!!!
They're overloading you hoping you'll crack and say, "hell yes, bring on the 22.4s. Let them take all this work so I don't have to do it!" It is working on some drivers for sure. They should take some of that work off, and create more RPCD jobs. Screw them and their idea of 2nd class drivers!

Db2400

Taylor was at the local 767 meeting. He told some of us that we shouldn't work weekends because that's how we came up,but the new guys don't know any better so let them go out there and bust their tail because its what's good for business. What a company man.

Future

Victory Ride
Taylor was at the local 767 meeting. He told some of us that we shouldn't work weekends because that's how we came up,but the new guys don't know any better so let them go out there and bust their tail because its what's good for business. What a company man.
SMH

Staydryitsraining

Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.
Ours told us we better vote no, in the very least you never take the first deal.

panther

My Business Agent in Local 728 helped negotiate the Southern Supplemental and was at the two-man, both our BA's voted against it. When we read through the changes to the Master, our president didn't endorse or reject it. I imagine its for political reasons he has to stay somewhere in the middle. We were told it had some bad and good stuff in it and just vote on how it would effect us personally. I would say that most of our officers aren't Hoffa supporters in my opinion. I have known the top officers and worked with some of them for at least 35 years.
Scratch, How do you feel about the supplement?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Guess we will find out September 9th. But hearing they are supporting the national. They will lose my vote next election if they think it's a "great" contract.

All the Executive Board ever runs against are a group of angry-at-the-world ragtag feeder drivers that nobody in package knows.

The 177 supplement is decent. Nice raises that are no longer split, a decent pension bump, and a positive change to retirees healthcare. That's how these guys will keep their jobs.

Speaking of the NMA, the more and more I think about it, 22.4 may not be anything worth getting up in arms over. Obviously I can't speak to every location in the country, but in 177, and particularly in my shop, the company cannot find PT to FT transfers to save their lives.

I understand that there's now 0 wait list to become a full-time package car driver in my building and the list is minimal at best for feeders. There are guys in my center that have 2 years FT in and have already qualified and are waiting for the call.

Knowing this, why would any part-time employee in their right frame of mind bid on a 22.4 position when you can work the same garbage hours and make (after progression) a minimum of $12,000 more per year as a RPCD?

If they want these 22.4 drivers, they're going to have to incredibly oblivious folks that are already employees or they're come from the streets, and thats why its up to us to make the news and vote down the master and inform those not already in the know.

ManInBrown

Most of the guys I’ve spoken to in feeder never even did package. They’re fine with the new contract. I’ve tried to explain to them that even though the 22.4 doesn’t affect feeder, it’s still not something you can vote for. How can you pay someone 6 bucks an hour less to do the same job? They don’t care. It’s all yes votes from what I’ve seen.

Over70irregs

All the Executive Board ever runs against are a group of angry-at-the-world ragtag feeder drivers that nobody in package knows.

The 177 supplement is decent. Nice raises that are no longer split, a decent pension bump, and a positive change to retirees healthcare. That's how these guys will keep their jobs.

Speaking of the NMA, the more and more I think about it, 22.4 may not be anything worth getting up in arms over. Obviously I can't speak to every location in the country, but in 177, and particularly in my shop, the company cannot find PT to FT transfers to save their lives.

I understand that there's now 0 wait list to become a full-time package car driver in my building and the list is minimal at best for feeders. There are guys in my center that have 2 years FT in and have already qualified and are waiting for the call.

Knowing this, why would any part-time employee in their right frame of mind bid on a 22.4 position when you can work the same garbage hours and make (after progression) a minimum of $12,000 more per year as a RPCD?

If they want these 22.4 drivers, they're going to have to incredibly oblivious folks that are already employees or they're come from the streets, and thats why its up to us to make the news and vote down the master and inform those not already in the know.
FT Pension might be a reason a PT would take a 22.4.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, How do you feel about the supplement?

Good parts would be Article 48 Section 6, bid drivers will paid two extra hours penalty pay if they are pulled off their route to cover another one. I like Article 63 Section B where the Union will control the 9.5 Opt. In List. (I wonder if my shop steward can automatically add everybody to the list:) ) . I totally despise all the 22.4 language, I opposed the Cover Driver position back when it was created. We should all be paid similar for doing the same job. In fact I think Saturday and Sunday Drivers should be paid extra.

I turned 60 a few months back and I have 8.25 years part-time and 34 years full-time package. So I'm not happy about the $400 pension increase not taking effect for 17 more months. If it took place August 1 three weeks back, that might have pushed me to go ahead and start the pension paperwork. I don't want to do another two peaks after the disaster my Hub experienced last year. This job just gets worse now, I don't recommend working here to anybody.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ours told us we better vote no, in the very least you never take the first deal.

I've read this before. Apparently your local doesn't understand contract negotiations.

"We" did not take the first deal. The IBT did not take the first deal.

Contract Negotiations 101.

UPS gives the Union the first deal. The Union either gives UPS their first deal or counters the first deal by UPS.

The two sides negotiate until both sides reach a satisfactory deal.

It would be different if the Union did not come to an agreement and UPS forced a vote that the Union did not endorse. Then you can say not to accept the first deal.

We have never voted no on a Master that the Union endorsed.

That is how contract negotiations work.

Now, whether or not you like the deal that the Union endorsed is a different story. But, the Union did not take the first deal that UPS offered.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.
I would tell you but we dont see those guys much except at election time.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
While certainly plausible, you are still speculating.

I agree, but we did see some of the "speculated" language that UPS "supposedly" wanted, and some of it did not make it into the final "deal."

But, yes, we do not know for certain because the Union has not put this information out.