A No vote with some guts.......

ManInBrown

Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Love it. Great video. I’d love to know where the 177 stands on the national. Asked my shop steward if they were for it, and he said they can’t say one way or the other. Not their job to tell you if they like it. They are here to inform you of the specifics.

That's basically what my local us saying...spineless!

F

Frankie's Friend

But what did they say and how did they vote at the 2 man?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don’t know him or live there but appreciate his stance.

The principal officer (of this Local) was kicked off the National committee....

because he couldn't follow one simple rule. Using a subordinate to propel this

message or agenda, doesn't surprise me.

I would respectfully disagree with that statement.

Not advocating a vote either way, can be from a reluctance of "not being there".

If you take a position and are later proven wrong, it would be embarrassing.

Isn't that the million dollar question ? :biggrin:

Sean O' calling for a "role call" vote @ the 2-man meeting....

Was an attempt to determine support for for the next IBT election.

A political move, pure and simple.

-Bug-

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

That's a good questiin and I will try to find out next week. I would assume they voted yes because I have received numerous letters from them touting all the great benefits they negotiated for us in our supplement and the TA.

We were out of town on vacation during the review meeting.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Not advocating a vote either way, can be from a reluctance of "not being there".

Do you know the definition of leadership? I don't think it mentions being afraid to take the wrong position...we need leaders in the Teamster's, not Lemming's!

F

Frankie's Friend

The principal officer (of this Local) was kicked off the National committee....

because he couldn't follow one simple rule. Using a subordinate to propel this

message or agenda, doesn't surprise me.

Isn't that the million dollar question ? :biggrin:

Sean O' calling for a "role call" vote @ the 2-man meeting....

Was an attempt to determine support for for the next IBT election.

A political move, pure and simple.

-Bug-
Elected officials have the responsibility to lead and explain why they believe a cba is good or not so good to the members who put them there... not to dodge issues for political (or future) job stability.
That's the coward's way out imo.

They call it the 2 MAN meeting.
Let's be men (or women).

God knows we need some right now.

F

Frankie's Friend

It's better than the pathetic sales job most locals are doing. Even if they know it's a crap contract.
Our PO/BA told us that 22.4 drivers wont save the company any money.

He must have gotten a 2nd grade GED to actually believe that starement.
SMH
tenor-4.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Do you know the definition of leadership?

Absolutely.

We need leaders in the Teamster's, not Lemming's!

Why are so many UPS Teamsters, not willing to do that ?

Are they afraid of the company ?

Or, their lack of knowledge ?

Elected officials have the responsibility to lead and explain why they believe a cba is good or not so good to the members who put them there... not to dodge issues for political (or future) job stability.
That's the coward's way out imo.

And, even the TDU Locals.... won't put out a statement.

Who, is afraid of who ?

-Bug-

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Our PO/BA told us that 22.4 drivers wont save the company any money.

He must have gotten a 2nd grade GED to actually believe that starement.
SMH
View attachment 209155

Have you ever looked at their salaries. Ours all seem to get $5-7k per year raises which is 6-12% per year. Meanwhile they bring Freight back a $.25 per hour raise and tell them they lead the industry.

F

Frankie's Friend

Have you ever looked at their salaries. Ours all seem to get $5-7k per year raises which is 6-12% per year. Meanwhile they bring Freight back a $.25 per hour raise and tell them they lead the industry.
If I was a PO or BA or both I'd rather have the respect of the blue collar membership than the praise of crooked leadership above me.
What you really leave behind is not money or possessions. It's a legacy of courage to do the right thing when it's the hardest thing.

What Teamsters need to leave behind is a legacy of courage and earned respect because when it's all said and done those are the things that inspire others to step up to the battle and just One strong and honest leader breeds hundreds of leaders after they're gone.

Hoffa Sr never backed down in the face of overwhelming odds. That's why people still talk about him today. He was a man.

F

Frankie's Friend

Why are so many UPS Teamsters, not willing to do that ?

Are they afraid of the company ?

Or, their lack of knowledge.
-Bug-

It's a multifaceted issue imo.
Could be:
A weak local/BA...

Weak steward(s) involvement...

Weak spined Americans in the workforce who never had to fight for anything and cower to the company....

Or a combination of all the above.

But, at ups It doesn't take long for new hires to overcome the honeymoon syndrome and if there are strong stewards in their work area they normally become strong themselves.

Siveriano

im on the same local. and they want us to vote yes. they been brainwashing the old drivers with the "everyone is on the 9.5 list like we wanted, also no more weekends, and the check for the payback is gonna be great for those not on top pay imagine $3 per hour from 08/01/2018" at least the black skinny guy is saying. yet my shopteward is telling us we should vote what we feel like but he is voting no.