A positive new thread, positively

menotyou

bella amicizia
I love watching my dogs dream in their sleep. What are the chasing?
I love the smell of bread baking in the oven.
I love the smell of the lake while I am running the dogs on the beach.
I love the sparkle in Barney's eyes right before I throw the stick.
I love it when Baxter raises his ears, and furrows his brow as his brother runs towards him with stick. Perching for the pounce.
I love watching Brody fish for frogs in every puddle he finds. A 180lb dog desperate to find a frog. He likes to fish fir anything, really. His ears up eyes darting, feet pouncing on every bubble.
I love my dogs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tooner, I don't think you could've started a more appropriate thread at a more appropriate time. How can anything be more positive and happy than the news of Sats good health? I'm so excited for you Sat. :happy-very:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
SAT...wonderful news!!

(AJ steps up on her soap box...)

Wonderful news from SAT!!

People, What excuse did you use to avoid having Colonoscopy?

Explain to me the reason/excuse?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Put off my colonoscopy for a couple of years because the thought of it just didn't seem right! Had a fellow UPSer diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year and started thinking of my own mortality. Broke down and had it this summer. Nothing to it! Had 5 small polyps removed and a date to go back in 10 years.
Great news SAT and best of luck down the road! My spouse just passed four years as a breast cancer survivor. I know how you both must feel!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Put off my colonoscopy for a couple of years because the thought of it just didn't seem right! Had a fellow UPSer diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year and started thinking of my own mortality. Broke down and had it this summer. Nothing to it! Had 5 small polyps removed and a date to go back in 10 years.
Great news SAT and best of luck down the road! My spouse just passed four years as a breast cancer survivor. I know how you both must feel!

Thank you for sharing!!
Sometimes it takes a jolt to call you to action.

Wonderful news regarding your wife!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner, I don't think you could've started a more appropriate thread at a more appropriate time. How can anything be more positive and happy than the news of Sats good health? I'm so excited for you Sat. :happy-very:
Thanks, I was under the impression Sat was free of the worry, after his surgery. I did not know he was still fighting it. So I guess I am just psycho, or psychic, (I always get those confused)
Either way I am thrilled, and what he described was exactly what I felt, and saw that day I was talking about. Seeing the relief in their aged faces, brings tears to my eyes. I am happy for everyone of us that beats it, and Moreluck had her time in that awful capsule also, as many others have. Which I didnt know about til I read this thread.
I dont think it matters, what political party we are, and there has been so much back and forth, some viscious some just thoughtful difference. In the end we are all for our fellow human, and we need to remember that. But for those of you out there who have beast the big C, you have my prayers and good wishes. I cannot imagine much worse. After you are getting close or finally at the point where you can relax and enjoy life, and see your kids and grandkids succeed, I cannot imagine the horror that grips you daily, while fighting it. God Bless.

I have both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy scheduled for Thanksgiving week.

Have had several of the first and recently one of the last. Other than the fun provided by the prep solution (rent some good movies and move the tv where you can see it from the bathroom) it was all a piece of cake.
Make sure they do the Endo first then the Colon. Bit of an aftertaste if they do it the other way around.

UPS Lifer

​This should be a warning to all who put off a colonoscopy.................... GO GET IT DONE!

This is giving me goose bumps.... I go in Wednesday for my colonoscopy. YIKES! Seriously, what are the odds that you would be reading something like this right before you go for the test................

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This is giving me goose bumps.... I go in Wednesday for my colonoscopy. YIKES! Seriously, what are the odds that you would be reading something like this right before you go for the test................
Just your luck I guess, or maybe its a sign. Dunno. I commend you all for doing it. I for one, NOPE.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The universe knew this thread was coming and told you that it was time to do it. It's a good thing to beat it to the punch. :its_all_good:

satellitedriver

I never intended to high jack this thread, but there is a positive message Lifer.
I was caught with my pants down-(pun intended)-
:happy2: when my surgeon gave me the facts, last year.
No brainier, let's attack the problem, was my attitude.
This last year gave me too much time to think.
I knew what life changes would occur.
I finally broke down last night and cried when I told my wife how scared I was before I got the good news.
I have always lived my life with the concept that;
"It is not the snake you see that bites you."
Not knowing is far worse.
Early diagnosis is key.

I love this thread, it shows our common humanity.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I never intended to high jack this thread, but there is a positive message Lifer.
I was caught with my pants down-(pun intended)-
:happy2: when my surgeon gave me the facts, last year.
No brainier, let's attack the problem, was my attitude.
This last year gave me too much time to think.
I knew what life changes would occur.
I finally broke down last night and cried when I told my wife how scared I was before I got the good news.
I have always lived my life with the concept that;
"It is not the snake you see that bites you."
Not knowing is far worse.
Early diagnosis is key.

​Sweetheart, as far as I am concerned (and I would be willing to bet ALOT that everyone else would agree) you in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM hijacked this thread. I think this is exactly what Tooner intended this thread to be. Great big hugs and kisses to you.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Hijacker?

How about blaming the real criminal for highjacking your life.
Cancer is the Hijacker and all you did was to follow the Ransom demands and all parties escaped with out the loss of life.

AND

YOU, the mere act of disclosure may have saved a life.