A quick question about part time insurance

jesus_saves

I been with ups for 6 months. We are cutting back in our building atm. Small hub. We are over staffed by 2 people, me being one of the two people. Next week we will have two to three drivers working also meaning more people being sent home. So my question is if I don't work, but once or twice a month in June can I still get the insurance? Someone told me it goes by hours worked. Thanks in advance

steward71

in our building in Va we have to work at least 1 day of the week. but here is the kicker, if you only report for 1 min for that one they have to keep your insurance, but you have to do this in our area once a week which would equal 4 days in month. at first they were going to have it in the contact in our area that you have to work 50 hours in one month. but they did not do this. check your area agreement and HR.

steward71

sorry, you have to be there a full year before you get the insurance, and sorry my mistake i did not read the June part. but anyway that is how it is done in my building so when you get yours you may want to seek info from HR or your area agreement. another thing that may help is when you do get your insurance pack you sould get a letter in with the pack explaining how many hours or days in the month you have to work. I will say this there are some Jr. employees in our building facing the same issue you are and the managers here are letting them work once a week to keep the insurance. I feel for you guys but it should pick up in a month or so. good luck

menotyou

bella amicizia
240 hrs per Quarter. 180 hrs per quarter for air drivers. I can't remember what it is for airport, but it is similar to air drivers.
After 1.5 yrs of employment, that is.

steward71

again it goes by what area you are in and what contract Supplement you are in. Every since the new contract I have gotten a letter with my insurance pack stating I have to work 1 day out of the week in order to get the insurance. That is 4 work days in one month. We filed with our local two years ago some getting sent home after working only 30 mins and they would get insurance cancel for the next month. Panels ruled the part timers in our area had to work 4 days a month. If they clock in for 1 min on those days then they reported for work. Yes, you have to be with the company for one year.