A record weekend

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
so online sales were up over 18% on Black Friday and estimates for cyber Monday are for it to be up 16%+.

But don't worry guys we won't be that busy. UPS estimates volume to be up about 5% this year.....

If only there was a definitive trend we could see.
IMG_6437.PNG

muthatrucka

so online sales were up over 18% on Black Friday and estimates for cyber Monday are for it to be up 16%+.

But don't worry guys we won't be that busy. UPS estimates volume to be up about 5% this year.....

If only there was a definitive trend we could see. View attachment 167956
Contract year, happens every time. I’ve been here 21 yrs and have yet to hear we are doing good within a year of contract neg. It’s always, volumes been down lately, we may have to cut jobs. Whatever.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They told us today that tomorrow will be busier than any day last Peak.
What's amazing to me is we have an obvious trend. For a few years now this week has been as busy or busier than the traditional peak week.

Yet today we had 3 helpers on road that's it. Then in 3 weeks we will have 20 or more. We need the helpers now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's amazing to me is we have an obvious trend. For a few years now this week has been as busy or busier than the traditional peak week.

Yet today we had 3 helpers on road that's it. Then in 3 weeks we will have 20 or more. We need the helpers now.

I was really heavy on volume due to the closures last Wednesday and Friday but I "only" had 142 stops so I did not need a helper. We also started at 8. Tomorrow we start at 9:45 and I am pretty sure I will need a helper.

542thruNthru

My helper quit today and they don't have a replacement. I'm taking my lunch and brakes on the golf course today. Probably be a 14hr day but not my problem. I mean come on how do they expect me to work hard in this kind of weather. I think I see a cloud in the distance could be rain. ;)

20171126_131618.jpg

TheFigurehead

Good for them... maybe if they're lucky, they'll get their packages before Xmas... but probably not... There is little to no seasonal help this year, and everyone who actually works here year round that I've spoken to, is all out of friend##ks to give. If that's how UPS wants to play it, I'm more than happy to watch the company burn around me... I won't be working any harder than any other time of year.

JackStraw

Helper today with 175 stops. Got message to use him for 3.46 hours. Next week I'll have 180 stops and I'll get a message to use helper all day.